Ebola Free Nurse after a Third Test

Teresa Romero Ramos is a Nurse aid in Spain who contracted Ebola after helping a patient with the disease. Teresa had been tested twice before, and it had been confirmed that she had Ebola. Then after the third, the virus had decreased, and then vanished from her body completely. The Doctors don't know exactly how this happened but have been doing tests about 4 to 5 times daily. One of the doctors said that, "Romero has recovered enough to produce antibodies." An antibody provides protection to your body, and helps kill the virus on it's own. Romero is expected to be fine, but they will keep her at the hospital for a few more weeks to run more tests.

here's the link

Do you think that this could lead to a cure to Ebola? why?

How would you feel if you knew you had survived Ebola?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think it might help with the cause to Ebola but they might not know exactly what to do because she got over it on her own. If I survived, I would feel relived but yet worried that I could get it back. 

• Also, when the nurse was diagnosed with Ebola, the doctors put antibodies in her IV bag from a woman from Africa who also had survived the disease.

• I think  there will be a cure for Ebola. It will take some time to the fight this virus it's not easy but were heading for the right direction.  i would feel excited that i accomplish overbearing struggle against Ebola disease 

• It might lead to a cure because they might be able to run tests on her to see what cured it in her body and try to make a cure for the disease. If i survived it I would feel good that i'm still alive and try and help the doctors to try and find a cure. 

• Possibly but no one will know because she could of just had more will than the other people.

• it might, if she dont have it later on in the future then doctors will probably think it could be a cure 

• She will probably have to take part in many tests to discover how her body fought the virus to help other people.

• It could possibly lead to a cure but considering it was her body that developed the antibodies it could possibly help but only time will tell. If I survived Ebola I would feel grateful and even more so if it was because my body fought it off on its own. 

• There are almost always somebody that can be immune to diseases, and hopefully find a cure to the disease from that so yes, I do think they are able to find a cure from this if they go about finding it right. I i was immune to Ebola, I would probably completely give myself to professionals to find the cure.

• That's pretty amazing that she cured herself. But since not everyone can do that; I think that since doing the blood donation worked they should give someone with O negative blood type because it is the universal donor. I'm sure she feels amazing surviving Ebola like that.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker