Dog Food Recall Due to Euthanasia Drug

In Iowa there isn't a real concern about this dog food recall. If you live in California though, there is a serious concern. Coco Licious, a small dog food based company if California is recalling their dog food due to some cans coming back testing positive for pentobarbital. Pentobarbital is serious because this is a drug that is used to euthanize dogs (put them down). Right now there is no confirmed deaths to any pets, but if smaller dogs do eat this dog food there is enough pentobarbital for them to die. 

1) If you regularly bought this dog food, would you continue buying or switch dog food brands? Why or why not?

2) What kind of compensation should people get that buy this product?

I would not continue to buy this because obviously this dog food brand isn't serious about the safety of the pets of the owners they sell to.

I think everyone that buys this needs to get their money back and if their dog gets sick they should sue. 

Link To Story

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree with you that i wouldn't want to dog to get sick and die. I agree they should get their money back and also they need to find some new dog food

• I would switch to a different dog food brand because its less stress and overall a better decision. I wouldn't have to constantly be worrying about my dog's health.  The people that bought this brand should get their money back. Those who dogs get sick, they should sue or be given a lot of money. 

• I agree with you i would switch dog food brands because i wouldn't want to risk my dogs life for dog food. I agree that anyone who buys this dog food should get their money back and sue possibly if the dog's health gets bad or if they die

• I would definitely switch the dog food brand because this is a product that could possibly kill my dog. That should get some kind of deal to where the company says they would buy a new brand of dog food for the person for a set amount of time.

• I agree i would switch dog food brand because the dog food could possibly hurt the dog. I didn't think about that but that is kind of a good idea, but only if the people say that they want anything to do with the dog food brand

• I would most likely switch dog foods brands to a brand that hasn't had problems with recalls in the past, that way I wouldn't have to worry about it. The people that returned their cans should get a full refund for the food and possibly a apology.

• I agree with you that we shouldn't take a chance on this dog food brands than one that could kill the dog. I agree that a refund and an apology should be enough for the people's dogs who dont get sick or die

• This reply was deleted.
    • I agree that i would switch brands until there was proof that there wasn't any traces of the drug left. I also agree that everyone should get their money back from the food that they bought from the company

• I would change to a different dog food brand because I wouldn't want my dog to be harmed by this. I think people should get all their money back and if their dog does get sick from this dog food they should sue the company.

• I agree with you that i would change dog food brands so my dog doesn't get sick or die. I also think that everyone should get their money back if they bought the dog food.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker