Does School Start to Early?

School should extend the time you have to be there. Some school's start at 8:30 am or even later, but having to be at school by 8:00 am is to tiring. Leaving your house at 7:30 am to go to school leavs kids tired and exausted. Most kids usually wake up at 7:00 am that leave only 30 minutes to get ready. When teenagers are tired they tend to space off or not pay attention. Then if they space off or not pay attention- they will get bad grades, and that leads to some parents punishing them.

In my opinion I think school should extend the time to be there to 9:00 am, and then we could leave at 4:00 pm. the reason why I think we should is because I think this would help me out and a lot of other students. It would help students by giving them more time to wake up and get ready. It also helps by giving them more sleep. So in my opinion yes i think school is too early.

Questions:

Do you think the school should start later?

How do you think this would benefit you?

Sources:

https://www.cdc.gov/sleep/features/schools-start-too-early.html#:~:text=One%20of%20the%20reasons%20adolescents,adolescents%20start%20school%20too%20early.

https://riseandshine.childrensnational.org/should-school-start-later-in-the-day/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Great topic choice Alex!!  It is two days late and your summary is brief and you didn't reply to any student comments.

• Yes and no. I agree with starting later. It would give in town kids more time to get ready and be woken up and not tired. And it would help the out of town kids by giving them more time in the morning to get ready and then they wouldn't have to leave so early. But then getting out of school would be later. Causing after school activities to be pushed back later which means they are ending later. And most kids have a after school job and school starting later would give them less time to work

• I personally believe that school should start at the same time because even if you start later people will still sleep in and not get ready and will still be tired. and personally I am a early riser so it does not really bother me. but I can see how it could effect other people.

• I think have school start at a later time could benefit me for not having to get up as early to go to lifting in the morning. I think that schools should start more around 9:00 / 9::30 so students that leave in different towns about 15 minutes away have more time in the mornings and when they show up they won't be as tired and are more willing to work.

• I think that school should still start at 8 because it's not even early and the sun is up by that time if you are tired in the morning going to be sooner. I don't think this really will because people will just sleep that extra hr not use it to get ready and will probably have the same thing happening.

• No, I personally don't think that school should start later because that means if it starts earlier then the school gets out later. Then students who are in sports would get home even later than they already do and that doesn't benefit any of them. So yes it might be nicer to start school later and be more rested but, it would not benefit me at all. 

• I think school should start later. I think this because most kids hate morings and never want to get up so early. And if we started around 9-930 we could get at last two more hours of sleep. This could benefit me alot because I have troubles sleeping some nights, and it stressful to get up so early sometimes.

• I think that school should start later if it's even just an hour. I wake up at 6:00 am every day because I have to get ready take a shower eat and get out of the hour BY 7:10 and I'm not the only person in my house so its hard to do that If school starts an hour later it would benefit a lot of people. 

• I think that school should start later for high schooler. Studys show that starting school later for high schoolers are better. I think that doing this would also make kids skip school more often cause they are not gonna wanna get out of bed. I think this will benefit me because when I wake up my first hour is ruff because it's so early and I can not focuse as good as I do later in the day.

• I think that school starting at 8 is an okay time. If school starts later than it would have to go later to end the day. Somedays it feels like it starts to early. I agree that for some people they can fall asleep, not pay attention as much, and space off throughout the day because it is to early for them.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker