Christmas Trees, Artifical or Real?

We all know the age old question of whether or not to use artifical trees or real trees that have been cut down.  There are many pro's and con's for each of these.  I would like to discuss them before I state my opinion. 

Pro's of Real Christmas Tree:  You get an authentic scent. Takes less space after the season is over because you don't have to store it.  After they are used, sometimes they are thrown into lakes and river beds for fish habitats.  Some business offer a service of chipping--they take your Christmas tree and mulch it for landscaping.

Con's of Real Christmas Tree:  You have to buy a new one every year. You have to water the tree through the season.  There is a hassle of going and getting it and bringing it into the house.  Some trees have very pokey needles, that shed as the season goes on.

Pro's of Artificial Christmas Tree:  There is no care necessary.  You also don't have to pay for a new one every year. It has a long life to it; you can use it whenever you want for as long as you want because they are durable and don't have a lifespan.  Using artifical trees leaves more trees living for the environment. Can be more cost effective if it's used for many years. 

Con's of Artifical Christmas Tree: You have to build it every year. It doesn't smell good. Getting it out of storage can be work. It has wear and tear; nowadays most trees are pre-lit so to have artistic choice you have to buy a new tree for different colors or shapes of lights.

Because I haven't experienced real Christmas Trees inside my house and not being able to see them function, I think aritificial trees are better because that's all I've had. I think they look better than real trees because we can shape it to whatever we want with the wire. (p.s. i dont have a pre-lit tree)so we can custemise it

What's your tree like ?

Which is better?

Do you have a favorie ornament?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• My family has an artificial tree but I think a real tree would be pretty cool. However, I think artificial is much easier to take care of and saves a lot of time. Real trees may smell better and sometimes look better but artificial saves a lot of time and money.

• i would to say that an artificial tree would be better finantialy i dont know if it saves as much time as one would think.christmas tree buisnesses (like tree farms) make the transport and safty of the tree in mind like almost all real trees are potted as aposed to chopped down plus some bigger farms will transport them for you.

• Personally, I like having a real Christmas tree, but a fake one is probably easiest to take care of. I think that real Christmas trees are overall a better experience because of all of the memories that come with them. Going to get the tree with your family and putting it up together is a lot more fun than getting a tree out of the basement. 

• Personally, I have an artificial tree but I have always wanted a real tree. I feel that artificial trees are better because you can reuse them every year. But I feel that it is better to go and get a real tree. I personally don't have a favorite ornament. 

• I think that there are pros and cons between using a real and artificial tree for Christmas. In my opinion, I think an artificial tree is better just because it's less messy and you don't have to buy a new one every single year. Although there are benefits to a real tree such as the smell and you don't have to find somewhere to store it after Christmas.

• Personally, my family and I have an artificial tree that we put up each year. In my opinion, I think an artificial tree would be better, but I haven't had a real tree for Christmas, so I don't have the experience with them. I wouldn't be opposed to having a real Christmas tree for a year though. The tree we have is not pre-lit, so we have the freedom to decorate it how we want to each year. I just feel that a real tree would be too much of a hassle because you would have to clean the needles and to not get tree sap on places, even if it does smell better.

• I personally think aritificial trees are the way to go know I dont have one with lights that came on it, but I dont have to worry about watering the tree or picking up after that tree. I like being able to desighn it with my family and spend time with them having fun. I know that having a real tree to can be a fire risk to because the can lit a lot easyer the a fake tree and for that you have to be carefull.

• Personally, I like real Christmas trees because they smell very good and they are also better looking. Some side effects of having a real Christmas tree are having to water it and then you might have to clean up the needles that have fallen from the Christmas tree. 

• in my opinion fake Christmas trees are more useful than real trees, a real Christmas tree can only be used for one year and then it gets thrown out, not only that but it also makes it so more trees get cut down. fake Christmas trees can be used for more than one year and won't cut down any real trees.

• I think there are many pros and cons to real and artificial trees. Real trees have a better smell and can make your house smell better but they can be messy and can get to be expensive to buy a new one every year. However, an artificial one can last you many years, and most come with lights already built into it so it saves you some time. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker