Chinese Spy Balloon

On January 28, the US military spotted a large balloon floating in on the coast of Alaska. The balloon traveled for over 3 days until being shot down by an American fighter jet along the coast of South Carolina. The Chinese Foreign Ministry declares that it was just a civilian research ship that was blown off course by feirce winds. The US has rejected all of China's explanations and has insisted that it is a spy balloon. Chinese officials think that our reaction was very excessive. Chine is very overcrowded and many think they are searching for land trying to take over and others think they are scoping out our military bases.

The US Navy has assigned a group of divers and other personel to investigate and recover all of the debris. The recovery will take many days and the government still does not know a lot about the whole situation. China has already been buying land in the US but we can't buy land over there and China is known for lying which begs the question of what one of their balloons was doing in our country. The ballon was seen over Montana Air Force base which is not good either. More information will come out as the US continues to investigate.

I think that China is lying about the whole situation and that they are trying to take over the US. A balloon from another country over 7,000 miles away doesn't just show up out of nowhere particullary the US. They also aren't buying land or taking over the pork market by coincidence. I think China is a bunch of dirty liars and that something should be done to stop them.

Do you think China is trying to take over?

What do you think the balloon was for?

Sources

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/05/world/asia/china-balloon-united-states.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/05/us/politics/chinese-spy-balloon-shot-down.html

https://time.com/6253010/chinese-spy-balloon-shot-down/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

•  There is a slight chance China wants to take over or something, but I doubt that's why the balloon was over the U.S. The balloon was probably some sort of science balloon, like a weather balloon. But I agree with shooting it down because we aren't sure what it was for.

• I certainly think it isn't something people should be worried about. It is scary to think they could just drop a bomb, but they know what that would do to them. Thankfully the government shot it down a couple of days ago. I think it was just a weather balloon that got off course. 

• I think that it could be harmless also but it's not a coincidence it wandered into the US over 8 military bases.

• I kind of think China may be trying to take over just because it doesn't make very much sense that a balloon with a sattlelite pannel from a country really far away just happens to be floating over all of the governments most important spots. I think the balloon is for them to spy and see what all we have and maybe try to get some of our important information.

• I agree with you. It all started with COVID and now that we have a nonintelligent president they are testing us out.

• I dont think that china is trying to start something or try to take over the United States. I do think that they are trying to find information to use against us so that if there was a war to break out they would have an upper hand. Overall I think that it the balloon could have been used for anything.

• I dont know is china is trying to take over but is trying to find stuff out about the United States, I think the ballon was to just look around and find out because it didnt go near any big govnment places so that is that.

• I still think they could be scoping out land for them to buy and for them to settle in someday.

• I think that China is trying to get ready for a war of some kind. If it was a weather balloon, they could use the information as knowledge for what the temperatures of an invasion. I think that it was just a data balloon that they sent over the Pacific Ocean to collect data about winds and weather.

• I think this could be very true but it's still very sketchy and crazy how it just wandered in the US.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker