Cartels and gangs today

There are many different cartels and gangs around the world that cause lots of problems and lots of deaths especially in smaller more crime ridden countries. But not all are just in small countries. Drug cartels and gangs have even spread into bigger countries like the U.S where they sell illegal drugs and commit crimes. While many countries like Mexico aren't trying to get rid of these gangs and are instead trying to be peaceful with them and mitigate the problems they cause. Cartels and gangs continue today to sell lethal and addicting drugs such as cocaine and heroin. 

Gangs have been around for a long time and have been said to have been around since the late 1700’s to the early 1800's. How are countries supposed to get rid of gangs when they've been around for this long and they've only grown since then. Maybe being peaceful with them is the only way to stop them from causing more damage than they already have done and will in the future. Cartels and gangs often prey on people that have a much harder time defending themselves such as people of old age or younger people.

One of the main reasons gangs have only grown and are extremely hard to get rid of is because the gangs and cartels are just continuously recruiting new people. One of the bigger problems of them recruiting young people as young as 9 years old. With gangs ruining youth at this young an age and transferring them into criminals before they even have a chance to reach adulthood. Cartels and gangs cause mistrust in communities and cause problems with economic efficiency.

What's going to happen with these gangs in the future are they gonna continue to commit crimes basically freely in some countries because governments don't have enough military power or police to get rid of them or are they just going to get worse. Cartels 

Questions 

Do you think there should be more done about gangs and cartels?

Should governments just try to mitigate damage they cause?

What would you do if someone close to you was effected by a cartel or gang?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think gangs and cartels should be focused on more especially in countries that are ran by them. I think they should mitigate the damage because of the large amount of damage they do. I dont know what I would do, it depends of the situation.

• I think that their shoud be some contol in places where there are a lot of gangs but I don't think we need to where we live. I think that in places where their are a lot of gangs they might need too. I would be pretty mad and I would probably call the police.

• I also think there should be more control in more criminalized countries. I agree with not as much protection in our country but things still need to be done to lessen gang and cartel problems. Calling the police would probably be the best precaution you could take. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker