Block schedule or regular schedule

Don’t you feel like we should switch things up at school by having a two hour early out every week. I think that we should have an early out every wednesday instead of having to be in school until 3:00. The first reason is, if we have an early out it could give kids and teens more time for movement, and brain breaks. Kids might be happier with an early out in the middle of the week so they have more energy. Sometimes when we have a regular schedule some students have sports and they don’t get home until it's dark out but if they start practices early they will get home before dark. 

With school being let out early on Wednesdays it can help increase family time. A shorter school day could mean intergenerational bonding time, and just more precious unstructured time with family. It can also help teachers stay cohesive because of the early release days. So, I think having an early out every Wednesday will benefit and be better than a regular schedule.

Whould you rather have a Block schedule or regulaer schedule?

Do you think we should have a early out every wesnday?

https://caveleronews.com/

https://www.idtech.com/

https://www.teamduvalnews.com/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I feel like we should have school out early every Wednesday. I feel it would be beneficial to get out and relax a little bit early. It would be a little pick-me-up in the middle of the week to help students get through. I like our current schedule now because we get out of school for so long in the summer. I feel like we should stay the same, just with an early out every Wednesday. 

• I think that if we went to block schedule, we should not do it like we did during Isasps. I think most students could handle having hour long classes but not an hour and fifteen like during isasps. I also think that we should not have early outs on wednesdays. Instead, we should do like some schools, and go until 3:45 every day. Then, we would only have to go to school 4 days a week and have a 3 day weekend.

• I would rather have a regular scedule because I don't like sitting a chair for a long time after I finish the assignment. I like taking all of my classes all in one day because then I wont have a assignment due every other day.

• I would rather have a regular schedule. There would be too much time for classes in my opinion. I feel like I don't need to sit in class for an hour and a half. I would just become distracted and not focus on any of my work. I would be so bored because I wouldn't want to be there for that long.

• I would rather have regular scheduling rather than the block scheduling. I prefer this because it is hard to sit for over a hour at a time. Also because my schedule has all important classes on day and the other day I have nothing to do. I think that an early out one a week would be beneficial for any day of the week.

• I would rather have a normal schedule. I feel like being in a classroom for 1 hour plus would take for ever. I like moving around from class to class. I think we should have it every wednesday just so we can have a break.

• In my opponion we should have a block schedule because we would be able to have more time in between classes to use the bathroom, because sometimes we dont have enough time to use the bathroom in between classes due to long lines etc. and about getting an early out on every wedsday i agree with that although not everyone its going to want that but for me getting early outs on wenday's its a good idea.

• I personally didn't like very much block schedule last week because I felt like classes were too long, but I assume it is just getting use to it and things can work out as well. I think that having an early out every wednesday would be beneficial and would help people manage their time better.

• 03/28/23

I think that the block schedule is a good idea you don’t have to be worried about having too much homework because you have a study hall at the end of the day. You also have time in class to get work done so you have less to do in study hall. I think that instead of every Wednesday being an early out it should be every other Wednesday that's the way we had it at my old school and I liked it.

• I thought the block schedule was a little interesting because it changed things up after so long of same schedule. It also felt like the day goes faster. I'm sure, though, that given enough time, we would get sick of the block schedule too. So I don't think it matters.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker