Biden's environmental plan

Biden's goal is to make the U.S’s net goal of greenhouse gasses zero by 2050. Now this does seem reasonable but its not as simple as flipping a switch, there's no gas to use to bring in windmills or solar panels to decrease greenhouse gasses. Something that Trump did was try and drill for gas and oil in Alaska but when Biden came in those plans got demolished. We still have a lot of oil from what we did drill but Biden will not use that and thinks we can just switch to eco-friendly things in one day.

I feel like Biden is in over his head with these plans especially with the war in Ukraine. Just because he's president you can't always make everything happen. Its one thing to reduce greenhouse gasses, its another to get rid of all production of it in general. This plan is one of the reasons people do not like Biden, he does not listen to the people and just thinks he himself can make all the decisions and they will always happen. Lastly, Biden will not even be in power so unless another president of his party gets elected this plan will most likely crumble to the ground.

Do you think Biden will push for this plan to come true?

What do you think will happen after his run is over?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree with you. Biden does not see what hes plan actully do and just thinks people will do whatever he says, but thats not how the world works. Hopefully when his term runs out things will be better.

• I think Biden will try his best to get this to happen, but it just isn't possible. He doesn't realize that not everybody can afford to just buy and electric vehicle. There is lso no way that this would go through congress, enough of them have enough common sense to see that this won't happen.

• I think that the envirment plan is based off of what people have already completed and he just wants to amp it up. He closed down the pipe line and that did more damage than good. Took hundreds of jobs from americans and tried to help his son in the rail road bussiness. The pipe line was better for the envirment because it was a less chance of leaking and if it did I'm sure computers would know right away. Now that it is not in use it is doing more harm than good. 

• I think biden should be going about this differently. You can't just get rid of all the green house gases, that just won't happen. And we all know he won't get elected again so who knows if the next president has the same plans. 

• I most certainly think that Biden's plan wont work not just because not many people agree with him but also because his plan doesn't make sense. I honestly think that after Biden's presidency is over, his plans will crumble to the ground like you mentioned in your passage.

• I think Biden is going about this the wrong way. I think America should be working towards being better toward the environment. However, the way he is doing it is going to hurt our economy and does not seem sustainable for American jobs.

• I think Biden might try to make this true. I personally think that this is something impossible to do. I think that he should maybe have a plan to reduce the gasses but not completely turn them into a zero. I think he could make a plan to try to reduce what will be something possible.

• I think Biden will keep pushing for this plan because his brain is fogged and he doesn't understand anything clearly. I think his plan ultimately will not work because who knows if the next president has the same views. Also, you can't just get rid of all greenhouse gases.

• I fully agree with you, Biden will try to work things out but cant see whats actully happening, And I do get what you mean by you cant just get rid of greenhouse gasses but you can get rip of the creation of it in certain places.

• I don't think Biden will be able to reach his goal. He is definitely in over his head. With all of the events going on now and prices rising, I don't see this happening any time soon. He will not be president long enough to get this done.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker