Beirut explosion

In Lebanon the capital of Beirut there was an explosion due to fire and a chemical mixing together. This chemical is caled ammonium nitrate which was stored at there port from a civil war.  Sombody was there trying to set a building on fire and lone and behold set the wrong one on fire. when the fire got to the ammonium nitrate it exploded and had the results of three nukes hitting the same spot. there were 190 deaths there are 3 people still missing and there is 15 billion USD in damage.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Evan,

Your summary is very brief for something that is worth 70 points. It's also a summary of a story and not a hot take. Be sure to use a spell/grammar check to help eliminate errors. Your replied pretty well but be sure with only two pages to reply to most students.

• Im wodering how they could of prevented this mistake. If they could of been watching the building. Its a sad thing that happend because of so manny lives lost. I can't imagen how the pople who was there and survived felt after this accentdent. I dont even know what I would do if  I was there. I would be scared to do anything after that if I was there.

• That sounds like a really bad mistake, but I wonder why they were wanting to set the other building on fire. But its crazy because I haven't even heard about this happening. 190 deaths is actually quite a bit of deaths, and its sad that all those people lost theirs lives. They are just lucky that there went more deaths. Lets just hope that people start to pay more attention to their surroundings, and know the possible outcome before doing something like this. 

• That's horrible to hear about, but sounds like it was a freak accident that just resulted in such large distruction. I don't know why I haven't heard about this though. This is a crazy, large incident. 190 deaths is a pretty insane amount. Usually when you hear about a large scale accident, you hear that there's a few in critical condition, and the worst case, up to about five deaths, which is horrible and you usually hear about right away. Yet, this I hadn't. It could've just been the fact that I missed the news on the day it occurred, but you'd think that it would also be somewhere else as well. 

• it is pretty crazy that it was not on the new due to how many deaths there were. It should have been on the news. but our main focus right now it the wild fires and politics.

• I didn't even know this happend, but thats crazy to hear. Its sad to hear how accidents like this happen. 15 billion dollars in damage is alot! Could take years to recover from. 190 deaths are alot but three nukes are very powerful, they are lucky there were no more deaths. Hopefully after this people are more cautious and think before they do things that involve fire or anything. 

• it most likely will take atleast five to six years to recover due to the damage and how much dust it in the city still. But people are stupid when it comes to fire as you can tell.

• Wow, i didn't even know this even happened. It's a tradgey that those innocent people lost their lives because someone just wanted to set a fire. And the power of three nukes is a lot. I'm suprised that there wasn't more that had died.

• it is a tragedy the somany people lost there live and the fact that sombody just wanted to set the harbor on fire not know of the explosive chemical.

• This event is so crazy and sad. I saw a lot of news about it right after it happened, but the media quickly died down, even though this is a very serious topic. I could guess that a lot of people probably don't know where Lebanon is, or have never even heard of it, which is why it is so important to spread the imformation of the explosion. Real people died, and it is a tradegy worth speaking about.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker