Area 51

Area 51 is located near Groom Lake Nevada and is a top-secret U.S. Air Force facility. It contains the Nevada Test and Training Range which is considered a part of Edwards Air Force Base in California. The location of the facility was chosen by the C.I.A. in 1955 as a place to test spy planes. The government did not acknowledge the existence of Area 51 until 2013 when C.I.A. released documents, under The Freedom of Information Act, about the U-2 spy aircraft and the testing site.

The public is not allowed in Area 51. It is under 24-hour surveillance and there are signs stating deadly force can be used. The government considers it a Military Operating Base and what happens there is a secret. Most employees are flown into the base on unmarked planes and they must have security clearance to work there. Up until 2018, satellite images of the base were restricted and currently, no aircraft is allowed to fly over the area.

Area 51 is well known for its conspiracy theories of UFOs and aliens. It has been made famous in movies. People have been reporting sites of weird lights and UFOs at or near Area 51 since it was built. Even today it is a popular place for UFO believers to visit. In 1989 a man named Robert Lazar stated that he was an employee at the facility and worked on alien spacecraft technology and saw autopsy photos of an alien. He was later discovered to be lying. The government denies that they are testing alien spacecraft at Area 51.

I think that the government could definitely be working on Unidentified Flying objects. I don't know if they have aliens, but they are up to something at Area 51. The problem is that they didn't even acknowledge the training facility for over 50 years while people were reporting strange flying objects the whole time. I know the government cannot release all its secrets, but if there are UFOs, we should enclose the right to know. And that just feeds into the conspiracy.

Sources

https://www.britannica.com/story/what-is-known-and-not-known-about-area-51

https://www.space.com/area-51-what-is-it

https://www.military.com/base-guide/area-51

https://www.britannica.com/video/212132/Area-51-military-air-force-base-alien-video

Questions

Do you believe in alien UFOs?

Do you think the government should allow the public to visit Area 51? Why or why not?

Should the government release all the information it has on UFO's to the public? 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't really believe in aliens or UFOs but I think the government is definitely hiding things at Area 51. I don't think it would be best for the government to let the public visit Area 51, because it is a military base, and if the information they are keeping inside is really that important, we shouldn't give it to everyone. 

• I agree with your opinion, if the information the government is hiding from us is very important and top secret, then they shouldn't release it to everyone.

• I don't really believe in aliens but sometimes i think there could be something else out in the universe that we don't know about. I don't know what is inside Area 51, so if it should be open to the public just depends on what is inside. I don't think they should release that information they have about UFO's.

• I do beleive in aliens. The public should not be allowed to visit area 51, if theres even one thing wrong with what they have cancel culture or some other form of group with have a tantrum and casue contriversy. No they should not release UFO information, other military might make an aircraft out of it.

• I do not believe in alien UFOs, I don't think that they should let Area 51 open to the public because they could be keeping something a secret, and if they opened it to the public it hurt someone and cause a big argument. I don't think they should release the information because it causes arguments and drama in all the of the towns. 

• I agree, opening Area 51 to the public will cause tons of arguments and controversy across the nation. Yes, I do agree that they are keeping something a secret from us.

• I'm not sure if there are the typical aliens that we imgaine, but I do think there is other life on different planets. I don't think they should let the public view Area 51 becuase it is obviously hidden for a reason. The government shouldn't release all the information about UFO's because that would cause chaos in communities.

• I dont believe in aliens but sometimes I think there is other living things out in the universe. I don't think they should let the public visit Area 51 because other wise it wouldn't be a secret what they are keeping in there and it could hurt our country.

• I do believe that UFOs could be real but I think that most sightings of UFOs are mostly not real. I don't think that the public should be aloud to visit area 51 because there are proble dangerous things and their is probably a reason it is not open to the public.

• I agree with you, I think most of the sightings at Area 51 are not UFOs. I also think  that the public should not be allowed in a top secret facility.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker