Are there more than two genders?

Are there really more than two genders? Lately our younger generations around the world have been evolving, and finding their way into self discovery; some even believe there are  more than two genders. According to Harvard Business Review, 25 percent of all Gen Z around the world have changed their gender identity at least once in their lifetime. In Fact this generation is three times more likely to change their gender identity than older generations.

.Science shows that there are only two gametes, sperm, and egg cells, the two types of sex steroids. Hormone sex steroids play an important role, but all the mechanisms of each of the steroids are not fully understood yet because female and male sex steroids are not as similar.

Personally, I don’t believe there are more than two genders. There is no scientific evidence that there can even be more than two genders. However, I don’t care if others identify as something other than male or female, their life, and decisions, don’t concern me. 

Do you think there are more than two genders? 

Do you know anyone who identifies as something other than male or female?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that there is only 2 genders because of all the scientific facts that proof that there are only 2 genders. I don't know anyone personally who identifies other than male or female, but I think people should identify whatever they want as long as they don't enforce upon other people.

• I agree with you 100%, I feel s though there are only two genders, but if other people want to identify as another so called "gender," I don't really care as long as it's not effecting me.

• I agree with you, there are only 2 genders male and female. I don't understand the people who think they are of different genders or need to change their genders. If you were born a male, you should stay a male and vise-versa with the female. 

• Im with you on this, people don't have any proof of there being more than two genders. 

• First of all, there are also people that have both female and male gender characteristics - this is called intersexual.  Moreover, you can diifer into the biological sex gender and gender identity. In my opinion, there are definetely more than two genders people can identify as. 

• I agree with you about intersex people, they're real, some people are born with both male and female genitals. But that's still only two genders. I can respect your opinion on this though. 

• As you said before that science shows there are only two gametes, sperm and egg cells so I don't really understand how other people can identify as other genders. I personally do not know anyone that claims to be another gender than a boy or a girl.

• I agree with you, there's no science to prove that there are more than two genders, however I'm okay with others who want to indetify as something else. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker