Are the QR codes necessary?

Starting on October 11, 2022. Teachers introduced a qr code that you have to scan to go to the restroom, office, other classrooms etc. The qr code you scan brings you to a google form that you have to fill out. The form includes name, current class, place, and teacher. This qr code/form is not yet mandatory, but teachers have been implementing this in their classrooms. Students aren't too happy about this. The reason this qr code is now a thing in classrooms is because students have been taking advantage of going to the restroom, and wandering around or wasting time. The problem about this qr code is that some people don't have phones, bad connection, some phones don't scan qr codes, and it takes about two minutes. The two minutes are just a big waste of time, in two minutes you could be there and back.

My opinion on this whole thing is that this qr code should not be implemented into the classrooms. The two minutes that it takes to fill out this form, you could easily be to the restroom and back in that time. I think that it's just a big waste of time. Students could easily make scenes or be dramatic about it. They could just put random stuff on the form or put someone else's name. The thing that sucks about it, is if you don't fill the form out before you leave the class in between periods and you don't make it back in time, you get marked as tarty.   

Do you think this qr code is necessary?

What do you think is the reason we have to scan the qr code?

Do you think the students should have a say in this?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• In my opinion, QR codes are unnecessary for the people not causing this problem. They should only be used for the ones going a lot throughout the day. I think it takes longer to scan and fill out the form. By the time you fill it all out you could have already been back. 

• I don't think the QR codes are necessary because they are just a hassle and take too long to do instead of just signing out on a piece of paper. Because some people use the bathroom as an advantage when before or during a class and it also disrupts the class. Yes, I think that the students should have a say in whether or not we should have the QR codes.

• I think that the bar code is dumb. It takes longer for us to do the code than to go and get back. We should just have the sign out papers at most. They are trying to hard to controll that they are taking more time from us learning than they think. 

• I think that the QR codes are not necessary. It was a decent try to keep tabs on kids but it is not a good idea. The reason behind the QR codes are because students have been hiding out in bathrooms and other places. I think that if students had say in it that it would've never happened. 

• I personally don't fthink that the QR codes are neccesary im going along with what you said anybody and sign out and out put different names and could potentially get other kids in trouble along as it takes up quite a bit of class time. I think the reason is because many kids are asking to go to the restroom kevery period and not using there class time how they should be.

• I think the qr codes are not necessary because of the time it takes to fo the qr code and how students phones might not have a qr code on their phone. I think the reason why we have qr codes is becuase that some students might have been abusing the advantage of going to the restroom and teachers want to see what students are doing so. I think that students should have a say in this becuase it kind of sucks for many.

• I think that the qr codes are ridiculous and are a wast of time, they don't even load in most classrooms that have the codes. I think if they want to "collect data" Through students leaving the classroom then is should not be digital, they should be like the sign out sheats like in most study halls. spending 4 minutes (my phone is slow) to wait for something to load and submit a google form is about double the time that is takes most to use the restroom.

• I don't think the qr code is necessary. As you said students might cheat and don't say where they are going ro what their name is. In my opinion the reason for this is that there is students that go to the bathroom almost in every period and spend their half of the class. As you said, by the time they fill out the form they could have gone and return from the bathroom.

• I don't think the qr code is necessary. As you said students might cheat and don't say where they are going ro what their name is. In my opinion the reason for implementing this is that there is students that go to the bathroom almost in every period and spend there half of the class. The qr codes also makes waste a lot of time. As you said, by the time they fill out the form they could have gone and return from the bathroom.

• The QR codes are verymuch unnessasary in the time that it takes for you to fill out the fourm you could already be there and back from the restroom. Students can cause big scenes about going up scaning the code and sanding on at the front of the room. On top of that kids could just stand up there and play around on there phones then say that they turned in the fourm. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker