Apple creating manufacturing jobs in the U.S.

Apple's CEO Tim Cook announced that Apple is going to invest one billion dollars to create more manufacturing jobs in the U.S. He said that the one billion was an initial donation. He also said that apple has already created two million jobs in America and that they plan to hire thousands more. He says that if they create these jobs that these jobs will create more jobs around these. 

Why do you think Apple would do this? I think that Apple would do this because they realize that their is potential in having more jobs in America.  

Do you think this will help America? I think that this will help America because it will create jobs and it might lead other companies to invest in America instead of other places.

LINK 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree and think that this will help the company a lot. 

• I think that Apple is doing this because they believe in their company because of their progress and accomplishments. I think that it will help America because it will provide more jobs to people, but then again, you probably have to be REALLY educated and skilled, and that doesn't help people who have either dropped out of school and need a job or don't have credentials.

• I believe Apple is doing this because they’ve created very many jobs across the world, but not as many in the United States. There is also the possibility that they could have been pressured by Donald Trump’s campaign, seeing as during his campaign he made constant remarks on jobs being taken over seas. It could definitely create more jobs in america and present more opportunities. Although, you have to take into countability that many skills are required in order to work at Apple.

• I agree and I think it may help lead other companies to try to create jobs in America. 

• I think it is a really good idea because it obviously gives people jobs, which is need right now. I think it will help because they are creating jobs for people and new apple products are always coming out.

• I think they are doing this to help their company get more people into it. I think they are also doing this to help people that need jobs. I think this will help the people in America that dont have jobs and are struggling. 

• Because it creates way more jobs here and there's lots of people that are unemployed. I think this will help America it will give more people job opportunities. 

• I think that Apple would do this. It creates more opportunities for jobs and helps build the economy, which also would help their company. It makes the US a better place, in terms of jobs and economy. I think that they should do this to help the rest of the country out. 

• I think apple would do this because it looks good for them in America which is probably one of the main countries if not the main country that most of their products go to. I think this well help America greatly, the more jobs that can stay here in America, the better.

• I agree and think that the good look for them will help make them more money.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker