Abandoned Dog Watches Family Adopt Another Dog

Zuzu is a two year old German Shepherd mix who was being held at an Animal Control Shelter in Downey, California. Zuzu happened to escape her family’s backyard. When Zuzu hopped the fence, animal control had picked her up and brought her to Los Angeles County Department of Animal Care and Control center. A couple of days after Zuzu had arrived at the shelter, her family had shown up. Zuzu was excited to see her family and go home with them, but her family hadn’t been there to reclaim her. Instead, they were there to adopt another dog. Zuzu’s family had apparently gotten tired of her because she was “crying and sad” all the time over the death of her father. 

Click here to read more.

What would you do if this were to happen in a town around you?

If this situation were to happen in a town around me, I would go adopt the dog because it deserves a family who will love it unconditionally. 

How would you react if someone you knew did this?

If someone I knew did this to their dog, I would be furious and would go adopt the dog to show them that the dog just needed to be loved and be played with.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• This is so sad. If this happened in a town near me, I would go adopt the dog immediately. The poor dog doesn't deserve to be abandoned like that. If someone I knew did this to their pet, I would be really angry with them and probably chew them out and also go adopt their dog.

• I agree with you, I would definitely go adopt the dog immediately. I cannot believe someone could actually do this to their own pet, even if the dog were sad most of the time, that gives them no reason to do this. That dog deserves to be loved more, not be abandoned by its own family. Also, if someone I knew did this, I'm not sure how I would handle the whole situation, but I know our relationship wouldn't be the same. 

• Oh wow, this is so sad. I am a huge dog person so if I witnessed this, I would definitely want to adopt this pup. I already have 2 English Bulldogs at home, but I wouldn't be able to bare the thought of this dog being abandoned. If Zuzu was already having a hard time losing his dad, imagine how he feels now that his family left him. Honestly I would be extremely angry at the family for doing something so hurtful. Either way I would help to find this dog a home. 

• This is a very sad story, as I am a big dog person as well. I would for surely want to adopt the puppy. I hate when animals are sad, it just makes me sad too. Te family should of taken it easy of Zuzu because death is a hard thing to get over for not only humans but animals as well.

• I would definitely do the same thing. I am also a huge dog person, and if this were to ever happen around here, I would no doubt adopt the dog. Zuzu deserves to be loved so much by someone who cares about her. The thought of this happening just makes me so sad, I don't understand how someone could do this to their pet. 

• If this happened in an area around me I would find someone to adopt the dog and bring awarness to it. I couldn't adopt the dog because I'm allergic, but I could try and help the word spread and stuff. I would probably be mad at the person and try to find that dog a home.

• I would definitely want someone to adopted the Zuzu. No dog deserves this, its not like he was causing pain to the family. I could maybe see that they would do this if he was hurting people. But since he is not physically hurting anyone I dont get why they did this.

• If this situation were to ever happen in an area around me, I would also try to bring awareness to it. And even if I weren't able to adopt the dog, I would try to get one of my friends to adopt it, or maybe someone I thought would be able to love and care for it everyday. I honestly cant believe someone would do this. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker