Russia Testing The U.S.

U.S. found a Russian spy ship off the coast of Connecticut. Also fund to have eavesdropping equipment this wasn't the first time they were caught. The last few years have seen dangerous Russian "fly-bys" on US warships. As well in the sky Russian military aircraft flying with transponders switched off. And some times Russian submarine hiding in Swedish waters. Earlier this month four Russian jets flew in an "unsafe and unprofessional" manner around U.S. Navy destroyer in the Black Sea. They were try to send a message telling us we were getting to close to their coast.

Was this serous threat on Russia part?

Or

Them flexing because of the new president?

Link -  Site

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Be sure to reply to student comments as it's worth 20 points. I also think your summary could be stronger as far as explaining the situation.

• I think they are trying to show that they have dominance and not to mess with Russia. I believe this because they are doing it to more than just by America. Honostly I think we should monitor them a little better because of all of the stuff that they do.

• I don't think this was a major threat because stuff like that happens all the time. I don't think it's flexing with the new president at all because it has happened with almost all previous presidents. You also can'ttell me that we aren't spying on them because I would bet that we are. 

• No this wasn't a major threat but its nothing to be ignored. They are just trying to complicate things for Donald Trump since he is the new president.

• I think that it wasn't a major threat to the U.S. But the U.S. should not ignore this. I think that they were trying to test what Donald Trump would do to this situation. They might of wanted to see how Donald Trump would react to this and see if he would cause a major upset. 

• I think that all of this is coming back to Trump about saying all of the stuff about how Russia hacked the votes so that Hillary Clinton would win the popular vote. i also think that this could be a very scary threat to the US just knowing all of the hardships we are going through right now.

• I think that this may have something to do with the fact that President Trump has been saying that Russia hacked the votes so that Hillary Clinton would win the popular vote. I think that this may be a serious threat because of everything that is going on between them and the US right now. 

• I believe this isn't that serious with Russia sending messages and watching over our territory. Its just stirring up drama that doesn't need to be started. 

• I really don't think we know the whole story and it would be lot easier for both Russia and the US if they would just tell us why they are flying in our space or just don't do it.

• In my eyes Russia just does whatever. I don't know what their goal is in doing this. I don't really see any threat in this. The presidents seem to be in good relationship, so I don't see why they would be "flexing" about anything. Russia has always done these weird things where they just happen to be somewhere near where they aren't supposed to be.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker