12 Team expansion CFB

While the College football playoffs are in a couple of weeks; fans are having a lot to say about the expansion of the college football playoffs for years to come. The NCAA has confirmed that the College football playoffs will be going to a 12 team format from 2023 and on. 

What does this mean for FBS teams? Well this could be adding a better chance for the one to two loss teams. Being able to just be inside the top 12 teams. Another thing to point out is the strength of teams schedules. Who is playing who? How is the win the loss percentage for the teams your team is playing? And I think this is most important. Some people may say that Alabama should have been in the College Football playoffs these year. Due to the fact that the teams they lost to were both outstanding teams. 

How will the 12 team expansion work? In order to make the playoffs, the top four conference champions, followed by some combination of the top six at-large bids and two highest-ranked remaining conference champions.

In my opinion, I think the 12 team expansion could be very successful but then could cause conventional topics. I think the teams that are more deserving are going to be able to get into the bigger games putting on more of a show for the viewers. But I also think that players having to play more games could be harmful to their bodies. Just for the fact that some players aren't going to declare for the draft and play for the teams in their bowl games. 

How will these affect players and their bodies?

Will the top players stay for bowl games?

Is this good or bad for college football?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well done overall Owen but this topiuc was just done. 

• I believe that the expansion to 12 teams in CFB is a lot better than just 4 teams. It makes it more of a competition and makes everything a lot more exciting. It also gives other teams and second chance, because if you lose a game, your basically done. 

• I agree with you on the second chance for the college football teams like alabama this year. Because Alabama defenity could roll over three of the four teams in the college football playoffs right now. 

• I think the expansion to 12 teams is great for college football. I think there will probably be more injuries but more people will play especially if it's part of of a really good bowl game or the playoffs. All in all, I think it will be great for college football.

• I agree with you on the injures. You aren't going to be able to go out there and say there won't be any injures. But I feel like that is part of football and defentely once it is becoming more of a job for you than just going to play.

• I think that this expansion to twelve teams is great for the college football playoffs. I don't think that this will have a big effect on the bowl games though. I think that the top players will still sit out of them. I think there could be more injuries, but it's only two more games.

• I think it is always a good I dea to expand college football playoffs. It may effect the players, but it wouldnt be so bad that they don't want to play anymore. It will be good for teams to play different teams, rather than playing the same teams over and over.

• I think this is a good idea and i do think that some of the players might not play because it could cause injury and make them get drafted later but i think this is a good idea because teams will have more chances to prove wheather they deserve to be ranked or not. 

• I think that it was a good idea to expand the college footblal playoffs. I dont think that this will effect the players because they are conditioned and well trained. I think this will be a good idea because teams will get to play other teams and not the same ones everytime. 

• I don't know very much about football and I also don't watch it. However, I think that it could be interesting for the fans to see more teams playing. I think that there is always a risk at getting injured when you're playing a sport. Of course, it is more stress to the athlete's bodies but I think that they can get used to it. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker