11 Year Old Boy Shoots intruder

An 11 years old boy from Talladega Alabama opened fire and wounded a man breaking into his home. The boy was home alone and he said he heard something and realized someone else was inside. He grabbed the 9mm handgun and the boy followed him outside and on the 12th shot hit the man in the leg.

1. What would you do if someone was in your house you didn’t know
  2. Why do you think that the boy went for the gun instead of just calling the cops

If someone was in my house taking things I would either hide or try to stop them and the boy most likely went for the gun because he though the cops wouldn't get there quick enough.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I would arm myself with a firearm and call 911. I support the fact that he went for the gun because he had to do what he thought was right to protect himself and the house.

• I would hide and try and call someone. But if I was near a gun in my house I would try and quietly get a hold of it and then shoot. If the intruder was not after harming anyone then I would try and just shoot him enabling him instead of killing.

• I would freak out and find somewhere to hide. I would call the police instantly if I knew the person could cause me harm. Maybe his first instinct was to grab the gun because maybe that is what he is taught to do in his family. Maybe there was not a phone around for him to call someone. I don't think shooting the intruder was necessarily the right thing to do, unless the intruder was going to come after him. 

• I have no knowledge of self-defense, so I'd probably hide or escape and try my best to make a call to 911. Of course, I'd be terrified so I don't know exactly how good my reaction would be. 

I think he was probably scared and didn't want the man to hear him while he tried to call. It's also possible that the man had already seen him and he knew the police wouldn't be there fast enough, and thought that the gun was the best option at that point.

• If someone was in my house I would hide or just try and stop them. I think that he went for the gun because he panicked and didn't think of calling the cops.

• Either hide and call the cops or hide and wait the person to come past so I can knock him out then call the cops. because he thought that the person might find him while he was calling the cops so decided that to drive him away would have been better.

• If someone that I didn't know was in my house I would go to a room and lock the door but I would also have a gun just in case the situation gets worse and I would try to call the police and wait there until they come and find me.

• I don't know what i would do if someone was in my house that i didn't know, my first thought would be if it was one of my mom's friends that came over but if I was alone i was try to attack them with something. the boy probably knows that calling for the cops first is going to take for a while for them to get to the house so he went for the gun first.

• If someone was into my house I would run and get into a room where the door could lock, and make sure I had a phone with me in order to call somebody for help. I think he probably went for the gun because he was so young and his first thought was to protect himself. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker