Was the Moon Lading fake?

The moon landing was an essential part of the Space Race. We had finally got ahead of Russia and had claimed first in the race. Many Americans in 1969 were watching the moon landing. How could the U.S. fake a moon landing? It was televised and astronauts brought back moon rocks and photos they had taken many pictures. Still, some people believe the moon landing is fake.

One argument is that there are no stars in the pictures the Apollo 11 crew took. In the pictures, you wouldn’t have the effect of the light pollution and foggy atmosphere from Earth, so many people believed there should be plenty of stars. However, this argument relies heavily on the photos taken during the lunar phase. This would mean that sunlight illuminating the moon would overpower starlight.

The most convincing theory according to people is that if the moon landing was real, then the astronauts would have been fried by radiation. There are two belts surrounding Earth made up of highly energetic charged particles from solar wind. These are called the Van Allen belts. Some people believe that humans cannot withstand being exposed to such high levels of radiation. The belts were a big worry for the Apollo mission. Scientists had to work very hard to make adequate protection for the astronauts. Many people believe that no one could survive going through the Van Allen belts, hence, this theory.   

In my opinion, the moon landing was 100% real. I don’t think that it is possible to fake such a huge thing. There are 8,400 public photos and many thousands of hours of footage from the mission. There are also full transcripts and audio recordings of air-to-ground conversations. Not to mention the 382 kilograms of moon rock that was brought back by the Apollo astronauts. The rocks have been tested and verified independently as lunar by labs from all over the world.

https://www.iop.org/explore-physics/moon/how-do-we-know-we-went-to-the-moon

1. Do you think that the moon landing was fake? Explain your answer
  2. What conspiracy theory do you think is most credible?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• No I think that it wasn't fake I think that it would have been to complex to fake at the time and they would have also had to fake millions of dollars in comsutuction has well as thousand of hours in paper worl. I dont think of them the conspiracy theorys are crediable

• I think the the moon landing was real because of all the news on it and how they had footage from the astronaugts bodysuits. they also took a photo on the moon which would be hard to photoshop at that time.  I din't know how people think it is fake because of how much footbage a proof on it. 

• I think that the moon landing could have been easily faked becuase of how bad the TV's were back then and if the government wanted to fake it they easily could have. I think that the moon rock that was recovered was a mission by a rover without any people on it. 

• I personally think that the moon landing was real because there were some evidance that proves it. Like the video showing two people walking on the moon, it looks pertty real to me. Then the photos they took on the moon, they even collected rock from the moon. I dont know how people would think this is fake, the people from nasa prove them worng by debunking some of the theories the people had.

• detractors of these facts will claim it was made using cgi, what specifically do you say to contradict these claims? Additionally, some sources say that the moon rocks as well were faked. Do you have substantial enough evidence for these claims?

• No I do not have any evidence about it, but I do think the people who went and Nasa do have evidence. You also said the video that they made was using cgi. But Cgi back then wasn't good and you could easily see if there were using it, and I bet you people already looked if there was any Cgi being used and there wasnt'. 

•  Whats interesting to note is that the smaller the conspiracy theory is, the more believable it is. For me, a somewhat disputed fact of the moon landings is the ways that it was photographed. Many pointed to small blemishes and "water droplets" in the corners of the original photographs. Many claimed it was cgi, but it was later proven these disturbances were caused by the presence of air bubbles in the low-g environment of the moon, disturbing the developement of the pictures. 

• I think the moon landing could've been faked to help the Americans win the space race. I believe this because we were trying to beat Russia to the moon and the President at the time (JFK) stated that he would have a man on the moon by the 70s. Maybe we realized we couldn't do this in time or something else happened like we couldn't actually go to the moon. They wouldn't have wanted the people to be let down and lied to because no one would then trust them. So we could have faked the moon landing using fake space gear and a fake moon surface. 

• I agree that it could have happened, and your theory is well thought out. I just don't think the landing could have been faked with all the photos and hours of footage they have.

• I dont think the moon landing is fake because there where many people at mission control and citizens at there homes that physically watched the astronaughts get inside the spacecraft and watch the rocket fly into space.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker