Was the Moon Lading fake?

The moon landing was an essential part of the Space Race. We had finally got ahead of Russia and had claimed first in the race. Many Americans in 1969 were watching the moon landing. How could the U.S. fake a moon landing? It was televised and astronauts brought back moon rocks and photos they had taken many pictures. Still, some people believe the moon landing is fake.

One argument is that there are no stars in the pictures the Apollo 11 crew took. In the pictures, you wouldn’t have the effect of the light pollution and foggy atmosphere from Earth, so many people believed there should be plenty of stars. However, this argument relies heavily on the photos taken during the lunar phase. This would mean that sunlight illuminating the moon would overpower starlight.

The most convincing theory according to people is that if the moon landing was real, then the astronauts would have been fried by radiation. There are two belts surrounding Earth made up of highly energetic charged particles from solar wind. These are called the Van Allen belts. Some people believe that humans cannot withstand being exposed to such high levels of radiation. The belts were a big worry for the Apollo mission. Scientists had to work very hard to make adequate protection for the astronauts. Many people believe that no one could survive going through the Van Allen belts, hence, this theory.   

In my opinion, the moon landing was 100% real. I don’t think that it is possible to fake such a huge thing. There are 8,400 public photos and many thousands of hours of footage from the mission. There are also full transcripts and audio recordings of air-to-ground conversations. Not to mention the 382 kilograms of moon rock that was brought back by the Apollo astronauts. The rocks have been tested and verified independently as lunar by labs from all over the world.

https://www.iop.org/explore-physics/moon/how-do-we-know-we-went-to-the-moon

1. Do you think that the moon landing was fake? Explain your answer
  2. What conspiracy theory do you think is most credible?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Zach. I Kinda disagree with you. I agree that they went to space but i feel they didn't reach the moon like they said.  But there are some things in the footage that show signs of it being staged. But there could be things to explain those signs.

• Do I think the moon landing was fake? I don't think the moon landing was fake. I think the moon landing was real because there was a lot of people there where the rocket took off and they watched it take off so it can't be fake. Also like you said there is audio and videos of them on the moon and them landing on the moon.

• i don't think the moon landing was fake because theres so much information and research that went into and theres so much stuff that would be hard to fake in 1969. the apollo 11 star theory is the most believable fake theory because it brings science to the theory.

• I agree with you. The test they ran on the moon rock  can't be disproved.

• There are alot of signs that the moon landing could perhaps be fake. One example is the wind blowing, in space. Another is you can see multiple shadows on the " moon " which would not be possible eithout stage lights. And the US reallu wanted to win the space war.

• I think that the moon landing is real. If it was fake I don't think they could have kept it covered for so long and a lot of evidence shows that they in fact landed in the moon.

• I agree with you. I don't think they could have been able to keep everyone involved quiet, it would have been very hard to fake something so big.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker