trump VS kamala 2024

The 2024 election between Donald J Trump and Kamala Harris is a high-stakes contest, going over political divisions in the United States. Trump the Republican nominee, is seeking to return to the white house after his defeat in 2020. Trump has been getting lots of support due to his assassination attempt on July 13th, 2024. Kamala Harris the democratic nominee is now running instead of Joe Biden since he decided to drop out of the race in July. The election is expected to be highly polarized and very close. In November the votes will be finalized and we will have our new president of 2024.

Trump as most of us know is already a former president. Which can help his case quite a bit. And since he is also male there is a greater chance of people wanting him. Trump mainly focuses' on prioritizing Americas interests by advocating for policies under the banner of " America First ". He aims to strengthen the economy by tax cuts, deregulation, and renegotiating trade deals. He also wants immigration to be more strict on who comes in and from where. He also wants to bolster the military, increase defense spending, and adopt a more assertive foreign policy.

Kamala Harris is the second women to be in the final election. She wants to normalize social equity, economic opportunity, and justice reform. She also wants to normalize affordable care. Focusing on ending mass incarceration and ensuring equal justice in law. She also is deep in women's rights including reproductive rights' personally Would like a women as president. Especially the part about affordable care, it should not cost money to get a check up.

Who do you want as president ?

How would you feel about a women as president ?

Why do you feel this way?

source 1: https://apnews.com/article/biden-drops-out-2024-election-ddffde72838370032bdcff946cfc2ce6

source 2: https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/03/politics/trump-quest-destroy-harris-momentum/index.html

source 3: https://www.vote411.org/iowa

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• The president I want to represent America and our people is Donald Trump. I want Donald Trump as president because when he's elected he will improve the expansion of the executive branch, presidential power, immigration , and making America a better country. Furthermore, I would want to see a woman as a president in the future years but right now I believe Kamala should not be the president of the United States Of America due to Trump being the better option in my opinion.

• I agree with you because of what you were stating about wanting a woman in office, some day. I also believe Kamala is not fit to run the country right now, based on her pasted actions on the country. I agree with what you said about Trump making America a better country. 

• I dont' necassarily have a side for this debate. Kamala is definitely not good for an economic view point but for the people. There shouldn't be a difference in a man as a president or a women but unfortunately there is. Although Trump has shown that he's not the best canidate but either way, I think a lot is going to change if either get voted into office. 

• i agree with you.  I necessarily do not have a side I dont dislike either of them, but i don't favor one either. I lean towards kamla just because she is a women and would make history.

• If I could vote I would vote for Donald Trump, I believe that he fits american needs better, and is the better candidate. I would feel good with a women president and that gender doesn't matter is presidency, they just haven't been a good fit for America.

• If I were able to vote in the upcoming election, I would vote for Donald Trump. I would vote for him because I agree with his policies more, like the immigration, strengthing the economy, and many more. We have already seen the good that he can do for our country. On the other hand we have seen what Kamala has failed to do during the most recent term in office. She continues to brag about what she will all do when she becomes president, but she has had the last four years to get these things started. 

• If I could vote as president I would vote for Donald Trump. I don't have anything agaisnt there being a women as a president but I just personally think that Trump is just the better running candidate right now in this election. There will more than likely be a female president that runs and will win.

• If I could vote, I would vote for Trump. He is a better fit for American needs. I don't think that gender matters in the presidential election, even though all of our presidents have been men. Not many women have run, and that also plays a part in the ratio of men to women presidents.

• Personally I am a republican and believe that Donald J. Trump is a much better option for the President of the United States. I don't think that gender matters in presidency, I just think that they have to be fit for the job. 

• I agree with you that gender does not matter in the election, but i pernonally would love to see a women as the president though. Kamala being the first women president would make world history.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker