Plowed down by a Porsche!

People at a car show in Boise, Idaho, got the surprise of a lifetime. A Porsche drove into a crowd of spectators injurying 11. The driver of the Porsche was said to be leaving the event when they lost control of the car and ran into the spectators. Police say that the driver is cooperating with their investigation. So far there aren't any fatalities only injuries. There were children injured in the accident. An attendee says that he regrets leaving after it happened but he also didn't want his 12-year-old kid to see this kind of horror.

Link

Questions

1. What would you do if you were there?

2. How do you think the driver lost control?

If I was there I would help the injured. I would try to calm the other spectators so that it was a calmer scene for the medical help to work with. I think that he was probably just showing off while leaving and didn't do something right. He also could of been new to the car and not known how to fully control it.  

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• He very well could of been on his phone but shouldn't of. If you are gonna be part of this type of thing you should keep others well being in mind and being on the phone while driving isn't doing that. 

• I would try and help those who were injured, but I would also get out of the way of those who know what they're doing such as medical personnel and first responders. Maybe the driver wasn't paying attention and distracted driving. There's always a question about if he really lost control or if he drove into the crowd on purpose. There have been numerous cases throughout the year of accidents involving vehicles "losing control" and driving into spectators. One incident I can remember was on Saint Patrick's Day when a driver that had been drinking drove into a crowd along a parade route. These are serious accidents that should be avoided as much as possible.

• There is a good chance that he is lying about it being an accident but if it wasn't then I wouldn't think that he would help the police. If it wasn't an accident then why wouldn't he chose a bigger car than a Porsche? Hopefully it was an accident like said before. 

• If I was there I would step up to help people that are hurt and need help . The driver may have been showing off and not being responsible, they may have lost control and threw the wheel the wrong way or something like that. 

• There is a great chance that they accidently turned the wheel when they lost control. That is a good point that hadn't crossed my mind.

• If I had been there, and I was not injured, I would help the people who were injured , but if I had been one of those injured I would expect someone to help me... Maybe there was a fault in the car, or the driver, depending on the vehicle system.

• I would hope that people would help you if you got injured. There very well could of been something wrong with the car that he couldn't of known about. 

• If I was there I would try to help the people who were injured the best I could. I would also call 911.  I think the driver was lying because you could have just hit the brakes or steered another way.

• Sometimes when you lose control of the car you can also lose control of your thoughts. He could of blanked on what to do but he very well could be lying. Also hitting the brakes can make it even worse because of them locking up. If they locked up he could of rolled or something worse could of happened.

• 1. Try to help people who is injuries there

2. He may not been paying attention when he was driving away 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker