News About The Paris Climate Deal

To give you a short overview about the original Paris climate deal in 2015; many leaders of countries all over the world met in Paris to debate how to tackle climate change in a single agreement but the USA pulled out and many others failed to comply.

Now, it is said that White House representatives announced that the US would either stay in the 2015 accord or review its terms. .

In June, President Trump said that there should be more fairness in the climate deal because about 6.5 million people would lose their jobs under its conditions.

Questions:

1.Do you think people losing their jobs is more important than the need to cut greenhouse gas emissions?

2.Are you happy you are not in the position to have to make decision for an entire country?

My answers:

1.In my opinion it is more important to help the whole world instead of caring about those people who would lose their jobs. Of course, it is sad and hard to imagine how it would feel to be one of those people but we should work harder to control climate change.

2.I think that it must be very hard to make decisions which impact a country (or even the world) and especially in this case I am very happy I’m not the president. 

Original story

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that people should cut green houses and keep jobs. But I think people are to scared to say anything to anyone about it. 

• Yes I think that people losing there jobs would be horrible because then that could have been a family who now has no job and that can be a problem for that one family. I think that it would be a very hard and difficult choice to make for the country so yes I am happy I am not in his shoes because he has many issues to worry about.

• Yes, if people lose their jobs it can impact our economy majorly and  will lead us into more national debt.

Absolutely, i hate it when i am pressured by other people. if i pressure myself i'm not overly worried but i hate it when i'm pressured by someone else for anything, if it was as big as a decision for the entire country i feel like i would fail. 

• Yes, I think that a job is more important than something that doesn't exist. 

Yes, it would be a very stressful job and feel never ending.  

• Yes! Those families that lost their income are very important. We should be able to find a better way to cut greenhouse gas emissions. I'm glad I'm not in the position to make these tough decisions however he does have a lot of help behind him if he needs it.

• "..however he does have a lot of help behind him if he needs it"- That's totally right and I hope he will use this help and talk to all those people who really know what's the best for our world. And of course, it's very important too to take a look at all the people who will be affected because of the deal. In the end we all can only hope that his decision will cost as little jobs as possible.

• Maybe it sounds mean but to me cutting greenhouse gas emissions seems more important because if we don't protect our planet we will have nowhere to live and then all the jobs aren't worth anything.

To be honest in that case I would be happy to be a president because then I could make the decision that seems more logical to me. But all in all I feel way to inexperienced to have a job like that, so I'm pretty glad.

• I don't think people losing their jobs are more important than the need to cut greenhouse gas emissions but its not less important either. I honestly don't really care if their in the position or not but I do thin we need to take procotions when it comes to persevering our earth. 

• It's tough to decide whether people losing their jobs is more important than cutting greenhouse gas emissions. Cutting greenhouse gas emissions would be extremely beneficial to the environment, but having 6.5 million people lose their jobs would negatively affect our economy. Unemployment rates would rise and the families of those 6.5 million people would suffer, causing communities and business to also suffer. I think the best solution would be to find a way to cut greenhouse gas emissions without cause 6.5 million people to lose their jobs. It would be extremely hard to make a decision like this for an entire country, especially since you are faced with choosing one or the other and your choice would negatively affect whichever you don't choose. 

• To have to decide between those options is the hardest point. But maybe they can find a way in which less people would lose their jobs, this would make the decision way easier. 

I hope that as many people as possible will hear of this deal so that they can think of changing their work. If this would happen, we could do more for the climate change without actually "hurt" anybody.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker