Baptism Turns into Funeral

On September 19 a magnitude 7.1 earthquake shook Mexico. At the time there was a baptism at the heart of the quake. The church crumbled around the congregation and killed 6 people, except for the father of the child being baptized the entire family is gone. The town is coming together through the rubble and together burying the family along with 5 others that were in the destruction. Friends are lining the streets and carrying the elaborately designed caskets, because of the destruction they are forced to wear everyday clothes. Much of the town is coming to the funeral to support the father in his loss.

If you were in the church while this was happening what would you do?

~I would try to get into a doorway or under a church pew because that way at least the debris wont hurt me as much.

Do you think that some religions will try to make this against the church or do you think many will help them?

~I think that some religions, especially in the middle east will try to say that the church was being 'punished' because they aren't part of their religion. I think that these religions will either try to scare people into joining or other churches are going to send things to them like people are doing to Huston and Florida. 

Link to article

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I would try to get people calm and have them go into some safe places like under the pews. I feel like some people in some religions with beret them because they aren't in their religion, but I believe most will try and help the people in any way they can.

• There isn't a whole lot that can be done besides attempting to take shelter somewhere safe. I think that everyone who hears about this story will try and support the church and the father because a day of celebration turned drastically tragic and resulted in multiple deaths.

• I would try my hardest to get my family and myself out. If I wasn't able to get out I would try to get somewhere that when the debris fell it wouldn't hurt so bad or trap us in. I think that some different religions will think that this is punishment but I think that many people will come together to help since that's what communities do. 

• I would try and help everyone I could and try to make sure that whoever was hurt got out of there. I think that even though people might have different beliefs they will still help because that's the right thing to do. 

• I would try to get out of the church as fast as possible. I don't think or at least I hope that no other religion will try to use this incident against the church because in my opinion natural catastrophes have nothing to do with religion. I also really hope that if they need help, others will send them things and try to help them.

• I would run and try to grab as man people out as I could. I think many will help them but there will be some portion of people who will think its bad luck or something. I think that things can be restored back to the religious level if everyone helps each other. 

• 1. I would try to put me in a safe place and take the kids.

2.In my opinion a lot of religions are very destructive and they want that his religion be the most biggest, but I am sure that other are going to help.

• I would try to get everyone down and under something so that everyone could try to stay as safe as possible. I don't know for sure if some religions will try to make this go against the church because it wasn't their fault. I know that some religions might try to say it was, though. It is hard to say. 

• 1. I would find cover and try to keep others safe. I would brace myself and keep myself and everybody else calm.

2. I think many will help them as they all believe in their own religions I would think they would see the need to help others no matter what religion. 

• I would try to stay away from the rubble and survive if I could. Well, it wasn't the churches fault that the ground shook so no.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker