3,500 year old tomb in Egypt located

Summary-

There was a recent discovery in Egypt as some local archaeologist cracked open a believed 3,500 year old. This was found by the southern city of luxor by the west bank of the Nile river. This tomb was not in Very good condition. But there are statues and some mummies believed t be noble men and high elders. They are eventually wanting to turn this tomb into a so called tourist hot spot. They are also still in the process of studying every artifact in the tomb its self. They also know that there are a few actual mummies that are located in the tomb as well. In my opinion they should make this a tourist attraction because then some people could become more educated on this piece of history.

1). Do you think they should open this tomb up as a tourist attraction? Explain.

2). Could this be a big deal for the archaeologist studying this tomb? Explain. 

Link.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Interesting story! Be sure to work on sentence flow and be sure to capitalize letters that should be. You did not reply to any student comments which is worth 20 points.

• I think It would be super cool as a attraction for people to visit, because you could see how life was back then. It would be huge for them, giving them the opportunity to possibly discover something new and that would be good for not only them but history. 

• I think that they should open this tomb up as a tourists attraction to scientists first because that might be what their field of study is in. Then when all scientists have had time to look, they can open it up to the people to see. This would be a huge deal for archaeologists because people might move parts in the tomb. That's why I think all scientists and archaeologist should get to look and study the tomb first.

• 1) I personally wouldn't go, but making the tomb a tourist attraction is good money. Since it is near the Nile, the location could bring people their as well. 

2) Yes it could be, because there could be possibly more tombs near that location. 

• 1) Yes this would be a great tourist attraction because you can see a real life tomb instead of what a tomb looked like and it is put in a museum. Also, people would like to just tell other people that they have been in a tomb. Other options are the money will come in and more tourist will come and visit the Nile and everything.

2) Yes this would be a huge thing for archaeologist to study because it gives them so many clues; like to other tomb, and stuff like that. This is a big deal too because you don't just find tombs everywhere and archaeologist are always trying to find them.

• Yes, I do. I think it's better to learn about things with real life examples rather than looking at pictures or reading about it. People would understand more about Egyptian history when visiting this. I also think it's a pretty big deal considering the fact that it's rare to find a royal mummy now a days. 

• no cuse kids get vary handsy and could brake or mess something up and the archaeologist would have a lot more work to dao if it got turned in to a mess from other people i gess the spacing is not vary open so for now i think keep others out and finnish figering out what what all is with this tumb and y was it there 

• I believe they should only have some areas as an attraction, but only the safe areas that won't cause danger to those in the attraction. It's for the safety of the tourists so any person can not worry about something carving in. Yeah, they have potentially found an undiscovered tomb and they have only a general idea of what is inside. It could be a completely different civilization.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker