Zombie drug

A new drug called Xylazine is a  growing and ravaging drug. The reason this drug is so scary is cause it has been recorded to increase the chance to overdose and even worse has had reports of even rotting the users skin.

Now what is this drug exactly? 

To answer this its a veterinary tranquilizer being cut with other drugs. According to the DEA this drug is also a potentiator meaning it increases the high of any other drug it is mixed with.  its been recorded to cause rotting of the skin and sometimes to the bone and severe drowsiness practically putting someone in a "zombie state". Recently lawmakers in illinois have been trying look to make missuses of this drug a crime especially since its not made for humans at all.

Now whats your opinion? should this drug be a federal crime and what should be done to prevent this?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think anyone would agree that this drug definatly isn't something that people are being perscribed or shouldn't be atleat but if people are finding out the things that it can do than maybe it has a purpouse but it doesn't seem to have any pros against its cons.

• As I believe with other drugs, I do not believe in the criminalization of drug use. I do not think that putting people in jail helps in reducing drug abuse, nor does it help with addiction in any capacity. I think this drug is very scary, especially because of its specific adverse effects.

• I belive it should be a federal crime because it is cause peoples skin to rot like that shouldn't be happening with anything that would go into your body. I think that they need to keep it off the streets because it could get in to the hands of a little kid and it could effect them a lot worse.

• The fact that this isn't a federal crime concerns me. It most definitely should be considering some of the other things that are illegal in many states that shouldn't be. There are so many side effects to this drug. I think their should be more precautions taken on who the veterinary tranquilizer is sent out to, and what their doing with it should be regulated.

• Honestly, I don't think this is a good idea because of the name after reading this I still don't think it is I believe that this would be an awful way would they do this to humans what was even the point of making this I don't even know why someone would make this.

• I think that even if it is made illegal and is a federal crime people will still use it because murder is illegal and people still get murdered same thing with abortion making something illegal doesn't stop it from happening. Though I still think it shouldn't be used it is going to happen no matter what.

• I agree, people will still use it, people are even still doing abortions sadly, some are medicated others are doing more gruesome things. I agree that it will, no matter what, still be used. How are people still accessing it though? 

• How do people still get an abortion if it's illegal? I know that they can get it from other places but doesn't that work the same for this too? Also how much would the using of it realistically be reduced by it being made illegal? That is really hard to say because where there's a will there's a way.

• That is true, and it probably won't realistically reduce it very much. There is so much illegal activity that it wouldn't't really do much, except, maybe, make it more expensive. If people were to be caught with this, how would the police dispose of it? Do you think the police would dispose of it all or keep some of it for themselves, and sell it? 

• I hadn't thought about that what would the police do with it. Odds are there are some bad police officers who would keep it and sell it which is just another way that it will be circulating even if it is illegal there are bad people who want it and some could argue it will cause some people to get mad and it could result in more dead police officers or for them to have to kill more people. So is it worth it to make it illegal?

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker