You Can No longer Drink At the world Cup.

Did you know you can no longer drink at the world cup. Fifa has confirmed alcohol will be banned for World Cup fans at grounds in a major and unprecedented volte-face just two days before the tournament will kick off in Qatar. The news that it will not be sold inside or around the perimeter of stadiums was confirmed by Fifa in a terse statement on Friday afternoon.

BudWiser has been making a deal with the world cup for being a sponser But this year alchahol is no longer alloud at the world cup. Fans are really upset with this new regligation. 

As we all know drinking is a big part of sports and this years world cup is a big disapointment for fans who drink at these games. These games are really exspencive to get into So why cant they drink. I feel like they should allow drinking because of the price the fans are paying to get in.

Do you think they should allow drinking?

Do you think this was a bad decision?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that selling drinks at the world cup could be bad, but it could also prove to be very good for businesses. Many people like to take in the full world cup experience, and for some this may be, drinking. It is very common at sports events for people to buy many drinks, this makes a lot of money for the event keeping the business running. 

• I feel it depends on whats going on and if people drinking is disrupting people then maybe it shouldn't be aloud. I feel some people will take it out of hands and they could get drunk or drink to much and make bad decisions.

• I think that people should still be allowed to drink at the World Cup. Every other major sports allow the audience to be drinking, so why can't people at the World Cup? Selling alcohal makes a major profit (maybe even a majority) for the sports and the venues. It was a bad decision to stop allowing drinking.

• I think that they should allow drinking, because that is what the fans want and they should try to keep the fans happy. I think that it was a decent decision but I think they could have tried harder to allow it because a lot of people drink it.

• I think that they might loose a few fans. Or they will just decide to watch from home due to this rule. I see why people would be upset about this rule. But I can kinda see why they would prohibit alcholal at the World Cup Games. 

• In my opinion, Fifa should probably has their reasons for banning alchohol and they should be able to have rules that they want to set. Even if it is an unpopular decision or a bad one. For me personally, I don't believe that it was a good decision, financially and for the consumer. Allowing alchohol may have caused fights that could have been avoided without alchohol, so they may have wanted to prevent this. Even if they wanted to prevent fights, it would probably hurt the amount of money they make from people not being able to buy a drink, and it would make some more inclined to watch at home instead of at the game.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker