Who's More Productive? Morning or Night People

Are morning people more productive than night people?

There has been debate over who is more productive. Morning people or night people? Morning people tend to go to sleep earlier, wake up earlier, and feel their best towards the beginning of the day. Night people tend to go to sleep later, enjoy sleeping in, and feel their best later in the day. Researchers have taken time to look into who is more productive. 

Morning people are found to have an easier start to the day, wake up happier, and get things done sooner. They have an easier time adjusting to schedules, which makes a workday more productive. However, since they go to bed early, morning people sometimes have a hard time maintaining relationships and keeping up with social connections. 

Night people don’t have as easy of a start to their day, as they are found to wake up in a worse mood than morning people. Being a night owl can make it harder to adjust to schedules since most of society is structured around the usual 9-5 schedule. The beginning of the day can be rough, but they usually spurt with energy towards the end of the day when they get things done. 

I would say I am a morning person but that is not the case for everyone. Your mood, health, and productivity are all based on the amount of sleep you get. Scientists say that morning people are more productive, but that is all based around the 9-5 schedule, whereas night people would lack sleep in that situation.

Are you a morning person or a night person?

Who do you think is most productive?

https://www.fastcompany.com/90279079/turns-out-that-morning-people-really-are-more-productive-than-night-owls

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• If you work a night job after being awake for hours during the day already I would think you would be more tired working your job. 

• I'm definitely a night person because in the mornings it just takes me so long to get going. I'm very out of it for the first hour and I don't want to get up and do active things. I am more awake and more apt to get things done later on at nighttime, but I think that morning people are probably more productive.

• I personally am a night person. I have more energy at night. When I wake up i'm really tired and just feel like going back to bed. Getting up early and doing stuff is just not my thing. I think that night people are more productive because they aren't so tired. 

• I can understand why a lot of people, including you, are night people. I am usually pretty tired in the mornings too and force myself to get up and be productive. 

• I think that i'm personally a night person and I can function a lot better at night. Early mornings are not my favorite and I just feel so tired and lazy and never get anything done. I also enjoy sleeping in and then getting stuff done when I get up and throughout the evening. I feel like evening people would be more productive in my opinion because you wouldn't be so tired and could accomplish more throughout the later part of the day and early evening.

• I get why you are a night person, but I also think morning people have a longer chance to get things done, and since they are up and going in the mornings when schools/jobs are running, they get more things done. 

• Personally I think I am more of a night person since I would rather get stuff done later in the day and wake up later in the day. I think morning people are probably more productive only because most people and almost everything works and happens during the day.

• I agree, a lot of activities happen in the morning so morning people have a better chance of being more productive during those. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker