White-Collar Jobs Or Blue-Collar Jobs?

White-Collar Jobs Or Blue-Collar Jobs?

Well, mostly that's a personal preference on what kind of environment you want to work in. If you want to be in an office all day long and sit at a desk then the white-collar job is best for you. If you like to work outside and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty then the blue-collar job is for you. 

White-collar workers are those who work in offices doing non-manual work. These jobs include medical professionals, accountants… and many more. White-collar workers are the ones that will probably be the blue-collar workers' bosses. 

Blue-collar workers are those who perform manual labor jobs. These jobs can be Mechanics, truck drivers, construction workers, and lots more. Blue-collar workers are employees of white-collar workers. They will get their hand dirty to get the job done. 

Personally, I don't want to be cooped up inside all day I would have a blue-collar job. I would be a mechanic because my dad has taught me a lot about cars but I still have a lot to learn. 

Blue or White? 

What would you wear?

What job would you be interested in? 

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/wealth-management/120215/blue-collar-vs-white-collar-different-social-classes.asp 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that I would like to get involved in some blue collar job when I am older this is because I don't want to do the same job over and over again everyday and hate it. I want a job that is interesting to me and not boring all the time. Also I have been doing a lot of plumming work with my dad and it is very interesting.

• I prefer whire collar jobs. One becuase i wanna be a nurse when i get older and help people that need it most. Two I would wear a scrub of a neutral color. other jobs i might be intesrted in is an accountant because they make alot and i am very good with numbers and math.

• After high school, I hope to go to college for the degrees necessary to become a zoologist. A zoologist is kind of in the middle a blue or white collar job. They spend a good amount of time in the field, but also in a lab. Because a zoologist is my dream job, I can't say for sure whether I would want a blue or white collar job.

• A blue-collar job would be much more fitting to me than a white collar job. I love to do hard and laborious work, especially when the work is outside. I do not like being inside, especially when I would have to sit at a desk and look at screens and papers the whole day.

• In the future I would want to do either but I think I will end up working inside with people so it would be a white-collar job. I would probably wear whatver my job required but since I want to work in physical therapy either dress up clothes, scrubs, or leggings. 

• I would do blue-collar jobs because it is more hands-on and I can get my hands dirty I am also not a person that would like to sit down and stare at a computer. I would wear jeans and boots because it more fitted for the job and I wouldn't have to dress nicely. I would be interested in welding pipelines because it's a good-paying job and it's more hands-on kinda and I can get my hands dirty.

• Blue collar, because I want to be a mechanic and want to learn more and your moving more and learning more, also you stay fit if you keep moving around, and a mechanic is something good to know because vechiles are everywhere and people need them.

• I would prefer a white-collar job, but that doesn't mean I'm not willing to work just as much as someone in a blue-collar job. I would just like a more laid-back job that has more flexibility. I do think both jobs are important.

• I am kind of in the middle. Because there are jobs that I would work at as blue or while collared. I'm thinking about being a doctor, however, I would also be willing to work for a place that gets my hands a bit dirty. All depends on the job for me. However, I don't think I could sit in an office all day. 

• I would call my job a white-collar job, I sit inside and do inside work, such as cleaning and supervising. I like having a white-collar job over a blue-collar job because I am more of an inside, laid-back person. But I do think that blue-collar jobs are really important because a lot of white-collar jobs depend on blue-collar jobs, such as mechanics like you said if my car breaks down I would have no idea how to fix it, but I could depend on a blue-collar worker to help. I think both blue and white-collar jobs are very important.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker