Movies - They can introduce new topics or review familiar ones. Most obvious benefit of movies. In history class for example the teachers can use a film in the time period of that discussion to give the class a better understanding of how and what it was like back then. They can serve as a springboard for discussions and debates. After watching the documentary the teacher can ask the class to discuss, or write down what they saw, heard and learned about it. This can be a good way to get the class to think critically about that subject. This may be especially helpful if there is a controversail topic, allowing us to see both sides. This can help the teachers to learn what other student understanding or how they learn better. Students can or may gain a better understanding of the world around them. It can give them a glimpse into the past. This can help students develop communication skills. BY doing this students learn to express their ideas cleary and effectively. 

Books - Books help kids develop basic language skills and profoundly expand their vocabularies. They are interactive they demad that students think. Is a direct link to the ideas of the past. It shows reverience for the body of knowledge that existed in our world before we did. 

I think that movies help us get a better understanding because since the age of time we watched the world grow. We watch to learn things we didn't have books when Adam and Eve came into the world. They had to watch the things around them to find food and make shelter. Yet we use technlegy a lot in this day of age books still are very good to have around. 

“Benefits of Using Films for Education.” RedCarpetCrash.com, 18 November 2022, https://redcarpetcrash.com/benefits-of-using-films-for-education/. Accessed 4 November 2023.

“The Importance of Books in Education | Taking Joy.” Taking Joy, 31 July 2020, https://takingjoyblog.wordpress.com/2020/07/31/the-importance-of-books-in-education/. Accessed 7 November 2023.

“Why Do Kids Need Books?” The National Children's Book and Literacy Alliance, https://thencbla.org/advocacy/why-do-kids-need-books/. Accessed 7 November 2023.

Questions: 

Which one do you think helps you?

Why do you think that? 

Which one would you berfer for school? 

Would you what the school to go to?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• A lot of students feel this way an movies just can help more.

• well for me the movies are better because i have problems to get concentrated and in the only thing that i put attention is movies,videos,pictures,etc. But for many people a book is better than a movie but it depends what people like or prefers because that is freedom so they can pick the best way to learn and get more stuff for there future .

• Yes very good point many people feel differently about this topic. It just depends on what works better for that person. 

• I find movies more exciting than books, and they can help you get better understanding of soemthing. But for a book, I like the fact that you can visulize things as the way you understand them. But I do like movies better because they are more entertaining and I would choose to learn with a movie than a book anyday. I would wan the school to include more movies.

• Yeah movies can have more excitment then a book and make it so we can't ecspeced what is going to happen.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker