What motivates you to pay attention in school?

Back in January a survey was done in a few schools asking students what motivated them to try in school. Most students said having a good interest in the topic or having a teacher that is passionate helps them get through the class. But what makes you motivated for school? Some kids enjoy their classes so they don't have to worry about being motivated to do their work. Other kids dislike school so much that they won't do their homework or they will cause trouble at school to get out of it. It is important to be motivated at school because it will help you stay focused on your goals in school. A lot of kids start the year with a lot of motivation but as the school year goes on they start to lose their motivation. Teachers can sometimes contribute to the loss of motivation due to the amount of work they expect students to complete. A sudden loss of motivation can also be a sign of stress or depression.

Do you have one specific thing or multiple that motivates you to pay attention in school?

what motivates you to try in school?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't need anything to motivate me to pay attention. I know that I am going to have to go to school and complete the homework no matter what. No matter if I complain or not, I have to. I don't really care for sports, so that is certainly not the reason why.

• I dont really pay attention in school, but when I do it is because I dont want to get in trouble with my parents. But most of the time I think school is a waist of time and I could be doing more outside of school.

• I think what motivates me is sports because if I have bad grades then I can't play a lot and trying to keep it up and using my free time to do homework. I think that I have one thing that motivates me but when I get older I think that I will try to find more that motivates me and other things

• I make my parents proud when I have good grades. So during school, I try my best to get good score and pay attention so then my grades will stay high, resulting in my parents being happy with me. However, some days, it is really hard to stay motivated.

• The only thing that motivates me in school is my mother forcing me. I feel like school used to be fun, but now it is more of a chore. What also motivates me is getting decent grades to hopefully get a high paying job in the future.

• I have multiple things that motivate me to pay attention. My mom's strict rules about my grades are definetly influencing my schoolwork. If I get anything lower than a solid B (86%) i get grounded until it comes up to at least an 88% (B+). I often lose motivation throughout the school year and my parents mark me as lazy when I'm really struggling with stress and anxiety.

• No I dont have really anything that modavates me in school ushally I jsut do what I have to do to pass. Ushally im not modavated to try in school I ushally just get my work done on time so it dont become late. I alwase try to get all my work done in school.

• I used to be motivated in school. But now I'm not. I thought that having the "perfect grade" would get me many places in life but in reality, people don't care what your high school GPA is. They don't care what you were like in High School. Teachers don't care about their classes anymore. You have to get 2 hours' worth of homework a night, and it is considered "late" if you turn it in late. But if they were busy and couldn't grade then its all ok, we don't get points back because they were late, we just have to understand. 

• I don't really have certain motivation during school. I do like the thinking about getting good grades because if I fail a class I am going to have to redo it, and I'm going to be even less motivated and not want to try anymore. I also like when teachers belive in you and try to help you be a better student and make their class enjoyable so that you do not fail. 

• When I am feeling un motivated in school I think about if I try then the grades that I get will really pay off and thinking about what your parents would think if they see bad grades. I like to think of the good grade i'm going to get on a test and how it will make me happy if I see a good grade.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker