What is a better pet Cat or Dog

There is a lot of debate on what is the better pet cat or dog. There has been a lot of research done with this topic too. The research that I got says that more owners have dogs than cats. Is that because Dogs are easy to care for, or are dogs just in that area more. 

I think that dogs are a better pet. You do not have to worry about cleaning or changing cat litter, and they both need food/ water. I think that dogs are a better pet because you can throw a ball and most of the time the dog will bring it back unlike a cat. Also dogs are better pets because they can do a lot more tricks than cats can.

What pet do you think is better, cats or dogs?

Do you like any other pets other than cats and dogs or do you have any pets?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1044386/dog-and-cat-pet-population-worldwide/

https://www.thezebra.com/resources/research/pet-ownership-statistics/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that they are pretty even. I used to have a cat when I was younger and I loved her. But dogs are good too. Cats can also do tricks but people don't normally train them to do them. For dogs some might poop and pee all around the house so that's worse than having to change a litter box. Cats won't drag mud through the house usually. If they want to go outside you don't have to watch them. If your dog is just wandering around town you will pry go looking for them. But if it's yuor cat there's not much to worry about.

•  I have a cat, and its made me like cats more than dogs. I believe that cats are actually easier to take care of because you don't have to take them outside, its not hard to empty a litter box, and you don't have to watch how much they eat(usually).

• I understand that, I have not had any cats exept for farm cats, witch is why I prefer dogs because they do so much more than cats do. Dogs can play fetch and run, they can also do stuff like role over and shake hands with people, that is why they are better.

•  I am more of a dog person than a cat person, so I have to say dogs are better pets. I have a dog and he just has so much more energy than any cat would. Dogs are playful and cats are lazy. I would rather play with a dog than just pet a cat. And I think dogs just are better overall.

• I am also a dog person, they do so much more the cats. For example they play fetch and run with their owner. they also can do tricks like role over and shake and also lay down. that is why I think dogs are better than cats.

• When it comes to this topic I don’t really have an opinion because I have both and I like both. I like cats because they are nice and they can be very cuddly and cute. They are very smart so you can teach them tricks, but it takes more time for them to learn that's why people usually don’t, and It is a pain to clean the cat litter but you don’t really have to do it that often. I like dogs because they are very fun to play with and they always seem to be in a good mood. They are also great cuddlers. They’re even said to understand human emotions very well, which is why when you cry or you are happy they’re all up in your business with no hesitation. Overall, I think that both of these animals make amazing pets, and whichever one you prefer in your home is a good choice.

• I understand that, but I prefer dogs because they play fetch and lay by you. Dogs also do tricks like shake, lay down, role over, ect. Cats on the other hand they do not do much beside lay around and ketch mice.

• I personally think I'm more of a cat person, but we don't have inside cats, we have farm cats. Our farm cats hunt mice for us, whereas a dog more likely wouldn't eat mice. We still feed our cats, they have a shed they sleep in, and they also have a doghouse with a heating pad in it. 

• I think that dogs are better because they do a lot more stuff then cats. For example they play fetch and they run with you but all cats do it sit aroud and per. That is why I perefer dogs over cats. Also dogs can lay by you and cats just sit around.

• I think that dogs are better pets because I think they're more playful than cats. I also think that dogs are better than cats because I live in a house full of dogs. Another reason why dogs are better is because they can go hunting with you. I also think that dogs are smarter than cats.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker