What Happens when you vape?

Vaping is the action or practice of inhaling and exhaling vapor containing nicotine and flavoring produced by a device designed for this purpose. About one in every ten teens vape, or 2.5 million middle and highschool students in the U.S.. Using a vape can have many harmful effects on your body such as Asthma, Lung scarring (“popcorn lung”), Organ damage, Addiction, sometimes the start of smoking cigarettes, and some chemicals in e-liquids can lead to cancer. Probably worst of all is EVALI which is a serious lung condition that is caused by vaping, IT causes widespread damage to your lungs and can give you symptoms like coughing, shortness of breath and chest pain, and can also be fatal. An outbreak of EVALI in late 2019 and early 2020 put thousands of people in the hospital. At least 68 people died. Since then, EVALI cases have been declining, but people who vape can still get EVALI.

Some would say that vaping is better than smoking and that smoking is better than vaping. Vaping is less harmful than smoking, but it’s still not safe. E-cigarettes heat nicotine, flavorings and other chemicals to create a smoke that you inhale. Regular tobacco cigarettes contain about 7,000 chemicals, many of which are toxic. While vapes contain chemicals, heavy metals, and water vapor that can harm the lungs, researchers are still investigating whether e-cigarettes are worse than standard cigarettes, but both are still not good.

I think that vaping is a bad thing and that it’s sad that so many kids do it, some not knowing what can happen and some do and still do it. I feel like nowadays people think it's cool, others think they should do it because their friends are doing it or they are peer pressured into doing it. 

How do you feel about vaping?

What would you do if someone tried to make you vape?

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/21162-vaping 

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/teen-vaping-rates-rise-nearing-pre-pandemic-levels-cdc-reports-rcna50994

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I do not vape because of several studies showing it is unhealthy to do. However, if someone else wants to vape, I have no problem with that. If they want to take the chances of hurting their lungs, that is their decision. If someone offered me a vape I would respectfully decline it.

• I agree with you that vaping is very unhealthy for you and your body, and it's someone's choice to vape so it they want to do it they can but i would much rather them not do it in front of me, because it can not only harm them but it can also harm the ones you are around.

• I do not like when people vape because it is not good for you. I think when you do it you are just trying to ruin your life because your lungs will just be gone. If someone tried to make me vape then I will tell an adualt because I would not be down to do that stuff.

• I agree with you, I don't like when people vape because of knowing all the things that can be a result from doing it. The effects that vaping can result in are very bad and life long, and if it was ever offered walking away and telling someone would be the best bet.

• I think vaping is a personal choice and if you do it then you do it, I do not have hatred to people who vape or do not vape. Vaping is clearly unhealthy but still a ton of teen and middle aged people will vape instead of smoking cigrattes.

• i agree with you vaping is a personal choice and if you want to do it then do it but you should know the lifelong effects that may follow you for the rest of your life personally i feel like you shouldn't do it with all that bad things that can happen if you do it, but nowadays people will do what they want to.

• I don't think vaping is a great thing or as some people call it a stress reliever. Studies have shown that vaping or smoking just increases the stress in a person it doesn't help anything.

• I agree with you vaping isn't a good thing, and although some may say that it is a stress reliever it's mainly just the chemicals going into your lungs and messing with you making you think that it's helping with stress, when in reality it's just making things worse on you.

• I feel like vaping is bad and that a lot of people do it now. There are many students that have gotten in trouble for it. It confuses me why people would like doing it. Yes it may be addictive but there are other things to do then sit around and basically kill yourself.

• I agree yes a lot of people do it but i feel like they just want to be cool in front of their friends or the ones that do vape. Not only does it harm you in several ways but it can also get you in trouble being underage and vaping but either way it's not good for your body.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker