Tiktok

Tiktok is an app where people make many different types of videos to entertain people that watch. Tiktok is a very used app for everyone in this world. everyone uses it and there are many famous people on tiktok. It was called musically before it was renamed to tiktok. its been around for many years. A couple years ago Donald Trump tried to ban tiktok in America because the Chinese were spying on us. Donald trump could not finalize the ban on tiktok and everyone kept on using it. Tiktok is now under another cercomstance of getting banned again. Joe Biden wants to either buy out the Chinese company or put a ban on this app because of national security concerns. 

If America does buy out the company everyone will be using it without anyone supposedly spying on us. If Biden does ban the app we will never see tiktok again on anyones phone because of the ban. Biden thinks hes protecting us from the chinese when all anyones doing is just watching short funny videos.

In my opinion I don't think we should ban tiktok. I don't think the chinese are spying on us through tiktok. I think if we ban tiktok a lot of people will be mad and upset.

why would the Chinese be spying on us through tiktok?

Do you use the tiktok app if so how long a day?

cite- https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/18/tech/tiktok-ban-explainer/index.html

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't think the Chinese are spying on us through tik tok. There are many other apps owned by chinese businesses but no one is saying that the chinese are trying to spy on us through those apps. I think people are just trying to scare others. I use the tiktok app everyday for about 1or more hours because it's entertaining.

• I agree

•  I use tiktok pretty much every day, and its probably longer than I should. I think a lot of people watch tiktok a little too much, but its not really causing harm to people. I do not believe that the chinese is spying on us through tiktok, thats kind of stupid to think.

• I agree with this and it does not make any sense.

• I don't think the Chinese are spying on us through tik tok. There are many other apps owned by chinese businesses but no one is saying that the chinese are trying to spy on us through those apps. I think people are just trying to scare others. I use the tiktok app everyday for about 1or more hours because it's entertaining.

• I watch tiktok every day it actually takes up most of my day if I'm not at school, but the thought of the Chinese spying on us through it is entirely dumb its an app made for people to have fun whoever thinks that they are spying on us is stupid.

• I am guilty of watching tiktok every single day. I probably average about an hour or more a day. Most of the time it is at night when I am in bed cause I don't have time during the day. I don't think that the Chinese is spying on us, but they might be doing something else.

• I agree with this.

• I do not think that the Chinese are spying on us through Tik Tok I think that it is a conspiracy theory. If the United States bans Tik Tok then we would be like a communist country.  Yes, I use Tik Tok but not for very long a day. I scroll through it when I have nothing else to do.

• I agree with this and it wouldn't make sense to ban it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker