Tiktok

Tiktok is an app where people make many different types of videos to entertain people that watch. Tiktok is a very used app for everyone in this world. everyone uses it and there are many famous people on tiktok. It was called musically before it was renamed to tiktok. its been around for many years. A couple years ago Donald Trump tried to ban tiktok in America because the Chinese were spying on us. Donald trump could not finalize the ban on tiktok and everyone kept on using it. Tiktok is now under another cercomstance of getting banned again. Joe Biden wants to either buy out the Chinese company or put a ban on this app because of national security concerns. 

If America does buy out the company everyone will be using it without anyone supposedly spying on us. If Biden does ban the app we will never see tiktok again on anyones phone because of the ban. Biden thinks hes protecting us from the chinese when all anyones doing is just watching short funny videos.

In my opinion I don't think we should ban tiktok. I don't think the chinese are spying on us through tiktok. I think if we ban tiktok a lot of people will be mad and upset.

why would the Chinese be spying on us through tiktok?

Do you use the tiktok app if so how long a day?

cite- https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/18/tech/tiktok-ban-explainer/index.html

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• The chinese could be spying on us and watching what we do and what we say and thats why they want to ban tik tok. They think we know too much. I do use tik tok everyday and I use it for atleast an hour a day. Its a fun app and I do like tik tok. 

• I think they could very well be spying on us and could be hiding a lot of stuff. I hope we can buy it out but if not then it is probably better it gets banned because it can be very addicting . I don't want Chinese people getting all of my information though.

• I disagree with this I think it won't get banned and we will go back to our lives watching tiktok and still being scared of them "spying" on us.

• I think it is possible that they are spying on the US through tik tok but I also think that there are better ways they could do it and we should be paying attention to those. Tik tok is very addictive and I don't spend much time on it during the day. I would not be upset if the US banned it. 

• If the Chinese are spying on us, I think they are doing it through other ways then just tiktok. I think if we are worried about that then we need to be thinking about other ways they could be doing it. I think banning tiktok would upset a lot of people, especially because some peoples careers are on there.

• I agree with this everyone is worried about tiktok but not other big things they could be doing.

• There are so many different ways that the Chinese could spy on us, yet everyone blames it all on tiktok. I don't believe that it should be banned. Tiktok is also a big part of how some influencers make money, and I just don't see the point in banning it.

• I agree with this

• I feel like tiktok is just a small worry on getting spied on. The Chinese could probably spy through any device and technology that we own in our daily lives. So it doesn't matter if we ban tiktok or not they will just find another way to spy on us.

• I agree with you and there would be no point to ban it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker