Tiktok

Tiktok is an app where people make many different types of videos to entertain people that watch. Tiktok is a very used app for everyone in this world. everyone uses it and there are many famous people on tiktok. It was called musically before it was renamed to tiktok. its been around for many years. A couple years ago Donald Trump tried to ban tiktok in America because the Chinese were spying on us. Donald trump could not finalize the ban on tiktok and everyone kept on using it. Tiktok is now under another cercomstance of getting banned again. Joe Biden wants to either buy out the Chinese company or put a ban on this app because of national security concerns. 

If America does buy out the company everyone will be using it without anyone supposedly spying on us. If Biden does ban the app we will never see tiktok again on anyones phone because of the ban. Biden thinks hes protecting us from the chinese when all anyones doing is just watching short funny videos.

In my opinion I don't think we should ban tiktok. I don't think the chinese are spying on us through tiktok. I think if we ban tiktok a lot of people will be mad and upset.

why would the Chinese be spying on us through tiktok?

Do you use the tiktok app if so how long a day?

cite- https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/18/tech/tiktok-ban-explainer/index.html

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think its weird how it is owned by chinese, yet it is banned in China. I think they are trying to brainwash people in the United States. I don't have tik tok. I deleted it about 3 years ago because it was addictive and a waste of time. I think the U.S. should ban it.

• I would have to disagree with you I think the Chinese want us to think this and have something bigger down the road.

• In my opion TikTok shouldn't be banned but I feel like the chinese could spy on us if they wanted to but why would they? I would onlt agree to ban it is if a war is approching or something bad that they can spy on us for. I do have TikTok but I'm not on it everyday. 

• I agree with this because why would they try spying through an app when they can do much more.

• I could see why so many people think that the Chinese are spying on us through tik tok. I also have noticed, since Tik Tok came out, if I were to mention something by my phone, then an ad will come up for it within 10 minutes. I don't have Tik Tok. 

• I don't think TikTok should be banned, like you stated, it's just an app where you watch short funny videos. But I understand how the Chinese would be "spying" on us, they can use the app to see what is happening in America by watching what people post. But they could spy on us in multiple other ways, so why does TikTok have to be banned? I use TikTok quite often in my free time so without the app, Instagram and Facebook reels will probably become a lot more popular.

• I dont think the Chinese are spying on us through tik tok. Becuase theres nothing you can really get out of from tik tok. I do use tik tok usually like 2 hours a day because I watch it before I go to bed. I would be pissed if America were to ban it and I think many others would be to.

• I agree with this there is no point in banning tiktok.

• I just deleted tik tok. I used to be on it alot. Its really bad because alot of people use it before going to bed. Tik tok has positives and negatives. Good topic.

• I don't think there spying on tiktok

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker