Tiktok

Tiktok is an app where people make many different types of videos to entertain people that watch. Tiktok is a very used app for everyone in this world. everyone uses it and there are many famous people on tiktok. It was called musically before it was renamed to tiktok. its been around for many years. A couple years ago Donald Trump tried to ban tiktok in America because the Chinese were spying on us. Donald trump could not finalize the ban on tiktok and everyone kept on using it. Tiktok is now under another cercomstance of getting banned again. Joe Biden wants to either buy out the Chinese company or put a ban on this app because of national security concerns. 

If America does buy out the company everyone will be using it without anyone supposedly spying on us. If Biden does ban the app we will never see tiktok again on anyones phone because of the ban. Biden thinks hes protecting us from the chinese when all anyones doing is just watching short funny videos.

In my opinion I don't think we should ban tiktok. I don't think the chinese are spying on us through tiktok. I think if we ban tiktok a lot of people will be mad and upset.

why would the Chinese be spying on us through tiktok?

Do you use the tiktok app if so how long a day?

cite- https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/18/tech/tiktok-ban-explainer/index.html

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think the Chinese could be spying on us through tiktok because they want information on us. China has never had the best relationship with us, so why not distract us into an app. I do not have tiktok and think that it is a pointless app that is just hurting generations to come.

• I use Tik Tok several timers throughout the day as my source of entertainment. I think Tik Tok has come a long way and should not be banned. If China is spying on people throughout the app, another country could take over the app so this does not happen. I think that you shouldn't put your information on the app if you are not needed, because then they really can use that information to spy. I think that people that use the app should be smart about what they put on the app. 

• I agree with this people do have to be smart if they are spying.

• I use tiktok every day multiple times as a way of entertainments. I don't know if China is spying us or not but if they are, I think another country should buy it so we are able to keep using this app instead of banning it. Many people post videos where people can find many important information about them. 

• I agree and I doubt they are spying.

• China might be spying on us to gather information on what is going on around our country.I use tic tok every day for about an hour and a half. Evean tho its posible china is spying on us through tic tok I dought they are.

• I agree with you gabe I use this app a lot and don't do anything but watch funny videos and I doubt the Chinese is spying on us.

• I use TikTok multiple times a day. I use it more than any other app on my phone. It helps keep me entertained and it can be helpful. I have learned a lot of things from TikTok. I would not know why the Chinese would spy on us. I think they can steal a lot of information from us. 

• I use tik tok a lot, when i am bored, laying in bed, in the car, etc. i find tik tok very interesting and keeps me busy. i dont know if the chinese would be spying on us but if they are that needs to stop. lots of people post where the outside of their house or town looks like 

• If they are spying, yes that would be a terrible thing for them to see everyones locations and information.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker