Thirteen Escape from Detention Cente

Thirteen juveniles escaped from their detention center in Tennessee. 12 of the juveniles have been found and put in a different detention center to face more charges. The one kid that remains hiding has 3 felonies and is 16 years old. The detention center is now rapidly upgrading their security and systems so they will not have another break out soon. For example aluminum panels that were easy to kick through have been replaced with steel, and they are putting cement at the base of fences to make them harder to break and help other kids over. The detention center will not hold those kids again incase of another accident and say they are going to a more secure center.

Do you think their new security upgrades are going to stop kids from breaking out? Yes or No. Why and Why not.

Source: CNN

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I hope that the new upgrades will prevent another event like this from happening otherwise that facility is in trouble. Part of the whole point of having a detention center like that is to keep people who have committed crimes from hurting innocent people and when there security fails so much that thirteen are allowed to escape, that's something they really need to work on. 

• Feel these new upgrades will help prevent this situation from reoccurring, however given enough time feel they will find another way to breakout.

• I think that it will help a lot, and could become almost impossible to escape, but they will probably continue to try to escape. Or it could take longer for them to figure out how to break out

• I think it will help, but I don't think it's going to stop the kids from trying. If they are already trying to break out, I don't see how a few changes could stop them.

• I don't think they will deter kids from breaking out but hopefully, it will stop them from actually escaping. Prisoners will always attempt to escape, but the increased security of the detention center should help keep more kids from breaking out.

• Yes, i think new security upgrades will stop the kids from escaping but I also think that there will always be  someone who will try to escape even if there are security upgrades.

• I have no idea, why was this detention center stupid enough not to have people watching the kids at all hours. They are criminals they could be doing all sorts of things let alone trying to escape. Maybe they should pay more attention. I feel like they were not in a good place for maybe the severity of their crimes. 

• no because they might get people out outsider of juvenile and ask to bring thing for them to break out.

• Yes it will because they will have better security system so they will not be able to break out.

• Yes it will because this is a new better system and it will be harder for kids to find a way out.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker