The impact of social media on society

Social media has been around for a long time and has many pros and cons to it. Social media is seen as a very powerful tool. It has grown greatly throughout the years. 

Social media has connected people all over the world. Some examples of this are when you have a long distance friend, relationship or family member you can communicate through email, messages, etc. or when you're away for vacation you can post on instagram, snapchat, etc. Social media can also empower communities through social movements

Social media can also have some negative aspects such as cyberbullying, miscommunication, or the spread of fake news. These aspects can contribute to someone's mental or physical health. Social media is also used to promote businesses or small companies. It helps advertise their marketing or customer interaction. 

Social media can be involved with memories, ideas, and support. It has a big role with sharing certain information or aspects in life. Social media has many benefits and helps the world all together. Society has become better and stronger with the use of social media.

Have you ever been impacted by social media, if so was it in a negative or postitive way?

Do you think social media is beneficial to society? 

How do you think small businesses would be affected if social media went away?

https://www.simplilearn.com/real-impact-social-media-article#:~:text=Social%20Media%20is%20relatively%20a,harm%2C%20anxiety%2C%20and%20loneliness.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that social networks have not had a great negative impact and I do believe that they are beneficial for society but not too much since many fans tend to idealize or believe the life that many influencers pretend to have. Most advertising is done on social networks, so most companies would be affected if social networks are missing.

• I have been very impacted by social media in many ways. Especially during covid, which is when everyone started social media the most, all perspectives changed. I was influenced by certain lifestyles and "trendy" clothes. I still am! But now my style has changed, thank god. It can be very beneficial or very negative, depending on the person's point of view. Small businesses would have to find another way to advertise their products, since social media has the biggest platforms. 

• I agree, social media has impacted the way I shop or look at certain pieces of clothing. It can go either good or bad!

• I have been inpacted by social media, it was in a negative way. I started spending a couple of hours a day on random apps that weren't helping me. So, I deleted the apps that I was spending too much time on. I don't think that social media's pros outweight the cons.

• I dont think I have ever been inpacted by the media. I think scocial media can benift some people but also tear down other. For excample if somone on socieal medai is encourging people to do somthing good or teaching them how to do somthng can be a good thing.

• I think that in some things they benefit us but there are others that are really harming us a lot, for example a topic that is very controversial in social media/internet is the stereotypes that exist, people believe that we should see ourselves as someone we follow or just it appeared there and if we don't see ourselves like that we think that we are not physically healthy and we begin to go on diets that we don't really need.

• I feel like social media has a huge impact on us teens. I feel like our whole life revolves around social media. I feel like social media really helps with small businesses, if social media went away, there would but a major loss in business. 

• I agree, teenagers base their lives around social media. If social media went away bussiness would lose a lot. 

• I do thimk with the social media it is starting to go with the impact with the society becuase while social media did get created and there are a lot of people that do get on it too much of a day. If some of the buisness if social medial did go away it would go and affected by they would need social media for some thingslike if they do need their phone to make calls or anything thing else.

• I have been impacted by social media both ways, positive is it educates me on what is currently going on in the world, and negativly is it keeps me on my phone way to much than I should be and adds up to lots of screen time. I think it impacts us is benificial to society because it makes people belive everything they see on the internet and many people believe non existant things. I think a small business is affected by social media because it gets out to the public and lots of people will get interested in what you have shared. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker