The History of the Green Bay Packers

The Green Bay Packers history dates back to August 11, 1919, when the Indian packing company agreed to sponsor the pro football team. The Packers joined the National Football League on August 27, 1921, The Packers played in the smallest city in the league at the time so most fans and owners of other teams thought they would relocate. At the start, the Packers mostly had local players from Green Bay or surrounding towns and cities in Wisconsin. In 1922 the Packers started recruiting big-time college athletes and players from other teams, With this big time recruiting the Packers were very competitive and made a really big name for themselves in the league.

The Lombardi Era, Vince Lombardi was one of the most beloved coaches in the NFL and the Packers history. He hoisted Many NFL championships up in the air during his time with the Packers and now the Superbowl trophy is named after him. Coach Lombardi won 3 NFL championships(AFL and NFL were not combined yet) and 2 Superbowl trophies with the Packers in 1961,1962,1965,1966,1967. Lombardi also won the first two Superbowls with the Packers which led to the trophy being named after him. Coach finished his career with the Packers with a record of 98-30-4 (.776) and won nine of the ten postseason games he coached.

The Packers are mostly known for their historically good PLayers and coaches. The Packers have 3 quarterbacks in the Pro Football Hall of Fame Bart Starr(1956-1971) Brett Farve (!992-2007) and after he retires will go to the HOF Aaron Rodgers (2005-Present). The Packers Have won 13 league championships, ( before the NFL and AFL combined into one league and they have 4 Super Bowl titles. Green Bay has 34 Hall of Fame players second most all-time behind their rivals the Chicago Bears. Packers are also known to have a great fanbase almost every game at Lambeau Field is sold out with fans supporting their favorite Football team.

https://www.packers.com/history/

https://www.profootballhof.com/teams/green-bay-packers/team-history/

What Is your Favorite NFL team, and How many Superbowls have they won?

If you were the Owner of the Packers Would you Relocate them, for a bigger Market?

Did You know The NFL and AFL used to be two separate Leagues?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree with you about not relocating the Packers because their fanbase almost already sells out all of the games and travels to the away games.

• My Favorite team is the Minnesota Vikings and they have not won a Super Bowl They've had many appearances but never won one. If I was the owner I'm not sure I would relocate it would be difficult to do now because fans are used to the location they're at right now but if it would be better for the market it's not such a bad idea. 

• I like the packers so I don't like the vikings but they are very unlucky in the Superbowl

• I do not have a favorite NFL team at all. I feel like everyone is such a hater on what team you like. I just feel like people should be able to like whatever football team you want. I 1feel like the Greenbay Packers should not relocate becuase they have a good spot where they are. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker