The history of malls.

The history of malls 

The malls were made after WWII. malls used to be for everyone to go to, they had sports bars for the dads they had shopping for the moms and had candy stores arcades and some stores for kids also.they had these malls because they wanted everyone to get together. Malls used to be a hang out spot for kids and adults. 

When did malls really come in popular? They came very common 1980-2000 when most of your parents were teens. After covid the malls have really been a downfall no one wants to go out and most people like to shop online.

What is the oldest mall?  The oldest mall in the world is Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II in Milan it has sotres in it such as Versace, Gucci, Armani, Borsalino and Luisa Spagnoli.

This mall is not in the United States, the mall is in Milano MI, Italy. But the oldest mall in the United States that is still around is Country club plaza  that is Kansas City,MO.

Mall of america is a very big mall and it was made in 1989. There are 520 stores and 60 restaurants. The Mall of America is still the biggest mall today. They get 40 million visitors a year. It is only 4 stories long  but is 5.6 million square ft. It would take around 86 hours to walk around the perimeter.

What's your favorite mall?

Online shopping or mall?

Have you ever been to the Mall of America?

What is your favorite store?

link  link  link lin. link link  link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't have a fovorite mall. I think it depends what I'm buying like I would rather buy clothes or shoes in a mall but if I need to just buy something real fast online shopping s really good for that. Especially since I don't have to waste gas for a quick shopping trip. I have been to Mall of America. I would have to say my favorite store is Aerie.

• My favorite mall is jordan creek. It is a one stop shop mall. It has all of my favorite stores and I love the drive there. I like in person shopping more because I get to try on the clothes. I have never been to mall of america. My favorite store is probally scheels.

• I think that I have only been to a couple malls and I don't remember the names of them, but I know that I enjoyed going to them. It is a fun experience to go to one place and be able to walk around to many different stores without having to drive anywhere else. I prefer shopping in person rather than shopping online. Shopping in person gives a better and different experience.

• Yes malls are such a treat.

• My favorite mall is Jordan Creek and I prefer shopping in person rather then online. I have never been to the mall of america, but I wish to. I have lots of different favorite stores including ulta, sephora, target,and tj maxx.

• My favorite mall is the galleria dallas mall in Dallas texas because it has simulators for gold and shooting. I prefer online shopping instead of going to a mall. Yes, I have been to the mall of America multiple times. My favorite store it bass pro shop.

• That si cool!! i have never been to texas.

• It varies how I shop. I think shopping online is way easier and you can get discounts that way. But, shopping in person can be a lot more fun and it can be easier to see if things fit if your clothes shopping. Overall, I think both ways have their benefits.

• My favorite mall is the Jordan Creek Mall in Des Moines. While I do enjoy shopping online, I enjoy shopping in real life more than online because I think the experience is more enjoyable, especially when I go with my friends or my family. I have never been to the Mall of America. 

• My favorite mall is probably the Jordan Creek Mall in Des Moines. Even though I enjoy shopping online, it is a whole different expirence shopping in real life. It is a way to make the day fun and there are many convienent stores everywhere. I have never been to the Mall of America.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker