Suicide bombing kills 16

In Somalii, the explosion destroyed two buses traveling behind the military convoy. The bus was transporting the governor as he traveled back from Mogadishu. The AI-Shaabaab was responsible for the bombing. Tourist from the US were also among the bus. The bombing came a week after a U.S airstrike killed their group leader, Ahmed Gpdane. The group has a new leader now and says the death will not affect there future attacks. Somalia has been on high alert for strikes since.

Does this affect you wanting to be a tourist in another country never knowing what could happen? Does it still make you want to travel to a different country?

Full story here 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• It really depends on what country you want to travel too.  I would not want to travel to Africa or the Middle East right know because of what is going on in those countries.  You never know what could happen where you go you just have to be careful were you chose to travel to.

• Yeah, you would not want to go to a country with a lot of things happening. 

• Anything could happen anywhere we go. It's just pretty much where you are at the right time. I still want to travel to other countries. It all depends where you are at the right time.

• Yes you never know when things could happen. 

• You never know what is going to happen anywhere. Here in the US stuff happens everyday. I wouldn't have a problem with it, because if I'm going to go I'd love for it to be someplace pretty,

• It makes me think about life, and how uncontrollable things are. I'd just be more careful choosing where i travel to. I don't plan on going to any countries with active terrorist groups doing bombings. Just need to beaware of where you going, and whats going on there.

• You never know it could happen anywhere. 

• To a point it does concern me when thinking of wanting to travel to other countries, but with all the problems going on overseas my thoughts on traveling are constantly changing to wanting to avoid traveling over there more and more because of concern for accidents like this to happen as they are occurring more frequently everyday.

• Yes it is a scary thought. 

• A huge problem in our world today is that there are so many beautiful places in it, but no one can go there because, it's either being blown up, under communist control, or in complete anarchy (such as Somalia). These random acts of terrorism are an effective way of taking out targets, but at the same time, draws a line between sanity and completely bonkers. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker