Staying productive at home

Staying focused while doing homework can be challenging, especially if you have ADHD or it is difficult material. However, there are a few strategies that you can use to help you stay on track and be more productive. 

First, have a designated area that is free from distractions. This could be your bedroom, a library, or a coffee shop. Make sure your spot is quiet, comfortable, and has all the things you need to get your work done. Turn off or filter your phone notifications and close unnecessary tabs on your computer and avoid doing two subjects or tasks at once. 

Finally, make sure you prioritize tasks and stay organized. When you are doing homework, it can be easy to get overwhelmed with a mountain of homework and deadlines. To stay on top of your work, prioritize your tasks and create a daily to-do list. Use your resources like calendars and reminders to help keep you on task. 

In conclusion, staying focused while doing homework requires discipline and effort, but it is worth it in the end. By creating a designated study space, setting a schedule, taking breaks, prioritizing tasks, and staying organized, you can stay focused and achieve your academic goals. 

Do you struggle with being productive? 

What do you do to help you stay focused? 

Is there another way that you stay productive? 

https://isucceedvhs.net/2021/03/19/focus-on-homework/ 

https://ofy.org/blog/homework-hacks-8-tips-get-done-faster/ 

https://www.thepinnaclelist.com/articles/reasons-why-you-should-prepare-study-space-your-home/#:~:text=Your%20room%20will%20help%20with,will%20learn%20effectively%20and%20quickly

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Sometimes I'm not very productive, and sometimes I am. To stay focused, I try to make a list of things I need to do and check them off once they're done. I also think multitasking can help be more productive because you can get more done in less time. 

• It also depends on the day for me if I get stuff done or not. I find making a check-list helps me a lot.

• Yes, I admit that I do struggle with being productive and prioritizing important tasks and homework. It was even worse for at the home I previously lives at I always did my homework in the dining room which was right next to the living room where my mom or my siblings would watch tv. I also have ADHD so staying on track with loud noise in the background was even worse. I am no longer living in that home anymore and I now have a little bit more of a structured home so that I can keep on track and sometimes listening to music helps me focus. I have also found that I don’t always know what my homework is and I've even tried using a planner but I tend to forget to fill it out, so I asked a teacher what they do to help themselves when they need to remember something they told me that there is an app on your computer called sticky notes and you click on it and type what it is you need to remember to do.

• I don't have an app, but if there's an important assignment then I'll put a physical post-it note on my computer.

• I agree with you on the ways to stay focused on the tasks you are trying to complete. I struggle with focus when I'm working on things that don't particularly interest me and I often find myself struggling to stay on task if I have my phone near me when working.

• depending on what i need to do it can be difficult to be productive. while doing homework during study hall of work in class helps me get my work done if I don't have time during school I usually do it at home 

• There are some days that I just feel very productive, and in those days I get a lot done. I help myself stay focused and productive by listening to music. I stay productive by making a list too, that way I want to get it done and I feel good about what I got done that day.

• I sometimes listen to music too, but it has to be without words so I don't get distracted.

• I struggle a lot with being productive. My ADHD likes to make everything difficult. Typically I listen to soft music in the background or just shut myself away from everyone until I'm done with what I need to do. There are times where I get overwhelmed and get panic attacks but I just try to stay on top of my work so that doesn't happen.

• Depending on what I need to do It can be difficult for me to be productive. Doing homework during a study hall or work days in class helps me be productive and get my work done. If I dont have time during school I most likely wont do it at home unless its important for me to do. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker