Staying productive at home

Staying focused while doing homework can be challenging, especially if you have ADHD or it is difficult material. However, there are a few strategies that you can use to help you stay on track and be more productive. 

First, have a designated area that is free from distractions. This could be your bedroom, a library, or a coffee shop. Make sure your spot is quiet, comfortable, and has all the things you need to get your work done. Turn off or filter your phone notifications and close unnecessary tabs on your computer and avoid doing two subjects or tasks at once. 

Finally, make sure you prioritize tasks and stay organized. When you are doing homework, it can be easy to get overwhelmed with a mountain of homework and deadlines. To stay on top of your work, prioritize your tasks and create a daily to-do list. Use your resources like calendars and reminders to help keep you on task. 

In conclusion, staying focused while doing homework requires discipline and effort, but it is worth it in the end. By creating a designated study space, setting a schedule, taking breaks, prioritizing tasks, and staying organized, you can stay focused and achieve your academic goals. 

Do you struggle with being productive? 

What do you do to help you stay focused? 

Is there another way that you stay productive? 

https://isucceedvhs.net/2021/03/19/focus-on-homework/ 

https://ofy.org/blog/homework-hacks-8-tips-get-done-faster/ 

https://www.thepinnaclelist.com/articles/reasons-why-you-should-prepare-study-space-your-home/#:~:text=Your%20room%20will%20help%20with,will%20learn%20effectively%20and%20quickly

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I'm also most productive when I'm at school. I don't have a study hall so I try my best to get my work done at the end of class or during lunch.

• Sometimes I struggle with being productive but on days that I have no motivation and I have lots of homework I set a times for one hour and text whoever I am talking to and I tell them I will talk in an hour then I turn my phone off and work for one whole hour, then I give myself some sort of reward so I have somthing to keep my motivated and whatever doesn't get done in an hour doesn't get done and I make sure to do what's most important first.

• Depending on the area I am in it can be difficult to be productive. Doing homework during study hall or a work day keeps me the most productive. It's more difficult to complete homework at home, considering I have electronics near, and friends around. 

• I agree that it's difficult to do homework outside of school. I think that if I had a study hall then I'd be able to get my work done much faster.

• I don't struggle with being productive. I make sure to always have a study hall in my school schedule, and I make sure to use it wisely. I also try to limit the amount of distractions from my phone, music, or people. Another way I stay productive is to do my work in class.

• i get all my work done in class or study hall, i dont like to do work at home becasue i know that i wont stay focused and get it done. if i save it for at home it always gets turned in late or not done hiow its supposed to be done

• I definitely struggle with productivity some times. I find it easier to work when I'm in a good mood and if I'm comfortable. I often procrastinate my work till last minute and then use the stress of the approaching deadline to motivate me, although that is not a very good method.

• I do the same thing. I try to get my work done in school, but if I don't then I lack all motivation to get it done later.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker