Smoking Banned In Mexico.

As of January 15, 2023 Smoking is officially banned in all public places in Mexico. This includes resorts, beaches, and stores, etc. residents are only allowed to smoke in their homes. Mexico has become extremely strict with this law and those found guilty of abusing it have multiple repercussions. These include fines of up to 550$ and even possible jail time. Many are outraged by this decision. The Mexican government has claimed to prevent and control chronic and noncommunicative diseases caused by tobacco. But many have claimed that this with actually have more of a negative impact on Mexican residents. People fear that by banning smoking Mexico will struggle economically. The ban on smoking could cause Mexico to lose a lot of its tourists and money. People also might choose other destinations for their vacation spots if they know they can't smoke.   "It's both good and bad at the same time. It's good because smoking is harmful, but at the same time it's bad because you should be able to do whatever you want with your health," said one resident.10993570901?profile=RESIZE_180x180

People won't come in for drinks anymore because everyone smokes nowadays, everyone wants to smoke. So, our sales are going to go down," one waitress explained.

Overall smoking being banned in Mexico may have Positive affects on people's health but negative effects on Mexican businesses/economy. I personally believe that banning smoking in Mexico is a good thing.

What do you think? 

Would you like to see smoking banned in USA? Explain. 

Do you think banning smoking in Mexico will positively or negatively affect them?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Smoking will definitely not be banned in the USA. I feel like too many people smoke here and someone may attack it saying it isn't constitutional to take it away. I feel like it will definitely hurt the Mexican economy at first, but once it becomes a custom, business will be booming again. I feel like in the end, it is what is best for the public. 

• I agree. Us people would be mad.

• I think there is good reasoning to banning smoking in Mexico, but it could definetly effect the businnes and economy. I don't think they'll ban smoking in the USA any time soon but maybe in the future. I think in the long run banning smoking in Mexico will positively affect them, because people will be healthier and business and economy will eventually adjust. 

• I agree over time people willl adjust as well as the economie. 

• I think that smoking should be banned because of how bad it can be for you. I understand that not being able to smoke might make some businesses lose money, but everybody should be more focused on being healthy, not making money.

• It is really bad for people

• I think that smoking is all about your personal habbits and not so much what the state or country you live in wants. I think that anybody in their will and over the age in mexico should be aloud to smoke. It would be unfair if you are 50 and its illegal for you.

• your right its a habit and so making people in mexico change there habits is hard.

• I don't think I would like to see the USA ban smoking. I know a lot of people who smoke, and frankly, its there life. It doesn't matter what others do what there health as long as it concerns you. I think it will negatively affect them. I will not be smoking when I'm older, I don't want the everlasting effects. But I do remember when I was like 10 years old and I would Hold my breath going by someone that was smoking.

• Interesting view. I like that you shared your honest opinion. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker