Should you be required to take a drivers ed class?

In Iowa you have to be able to take a drivers education class in order to receive your intermediate driver's license. This class helps you learn about the safety of driving. 

One pretty good thing about taking a drivers ed class is that you will be able to get more experience and learn alot of new things before you get on the road. Certain states require this class to be taken in order to receive your license at the age of 16. You will get more comfortable and become confident in it. When you get to be older it can help you become safer on the road for yourself and others.

A negative thing about being required to take this class is that the cost of it can be very high and some people are not able to afford it like others. With the cost being so high some kids do not get the experancie like others do and it can have an impact on others. 

I personally think that people should be required to take a drivers ed class in order to get there license. Reason for that would be they could get the experience and will be able to be more safe for themselves along with other drivers on the road.   

Should all states require a driver's education class?

Do you think that drivers ed will benefit you in the future?

https://onlinedriversed.com/6-reasons-for-teens-to-take-drivers-ed

https://driversed.com/trending/the-problem-with-drivers-education

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that it should definetly be required. I think that kids learn a lot during it and sometimes drivers ed is the first time some kids have ever drove. I think kids need the expirence and it does benefit them. Although it is a long course and kids don't enjoy it, I think everyone should be required to take it.

• I think that this class should have to be taken by every person to have a driver's liscense. This class helps people become better drivers which help them and other people. Drivers ed will benefit the future a lot potentally making the roads safer to drive on.

• I think that all people should be required to take a drivers ed class even if you've been driving on your own since you were 8 like me. It definitley helps with safety and gives you a little more confidence. Many kids today don't know how to drive very well and it's good to get them better at it to make our roads safer. I also made some good memories in drivers ed while learning still.

• I think that you should have to be required to take a drivers ED test if you want to get your permit or liscence. Drivers Ed gives you more expirience while driving and it helps you know the laws and how you should follow them. I think that you will benifit greatly by taking Drivers Ed.

• I beleive that all places no matter what in the United States should have to take the Drivers ED test inorder for them to have a permit or a liscnces. Also the more inxperinced you are the better of a driver you are, so taking the class will make you better.

• Personally, I think everyone should be required to take a Drivers Education class. This class teaches you all about different ways to drive, different cars, different scenarios, etc. The cost is an issue for some people, but I think students should be able to compromise with the people in charge and fine a way to be able to join the class at a lower, more afforable price.

• I agree with you, drivers ed does teach u different things. 

• In my opinion, I think everyone should be required to take driver's ed. It is very beneficial to the kids and they are safe while learning. Others around them are safe too as the car is very clear it is a driver's ed car. A lot of parents don't have 10 hours to teach their kids how to drive and the gas money it would cost just to drive for 10 hours. As many don't have electric cars and or like a Prius. 

• I feel like everyone should take drivers ed. It could be very helpful to learn about driving and how to do it safely. I think if we want to have for freedom with driving we should have to take the time and money to do so. I think it can also be helpful if student parents won't teach them.

• I feel like everybody should take drivers ed. Drivers ed is very expensive but it teaches basic skills and road saftey, that everyone needs to learn. I had to take drivers ed almost right after I turned 14. I survived drivers ed and I think everyone should take it. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker