nowadays, schools use technology in almost every classroom. between computers, phones, and big screens, schools use these tools to teach students. but between screens at school and at home, it adds up to lots of screen time. 

schools should use less tech and more paper and pencil assignments. students can get off their tech and interact with their peers. they can do more hands on learning and learn visually. this will not only help them interact, but also help them for a job that has a lot of interaction with people and hands on things. jobs like blue collar jobs, working in a hospital or nursing home, and helping people and doing hands on things. 

the pro of learning with technology is that our future is technology. it is now so advanced that technology is all students know. they may even learn better by doing homework on their phones or computers. some students just feel more comfortable with the fact they know so much about tech. 

another con of using technology learning is that it is very bad for people eyes. students use it so much at home and at school, that their vision could get very bad. for this, i think schools should recommend blue light glasses, or even doing the assignment on paper. 

do you think that students should use more technology at school? why or why not? 

would you prefer paper or technology assignments? 

do you think schools should avoid technology since we use so much at home?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I do not like to be on technology a lot, and I don't enjoy staring at a screen. However, I think that technology has become an important part in schools today, so it would be difficult to only be able to use it for a certain time. A majority of jobs now use technology so it is beneficial for kids to learn how to use it, but it still does get tiring looking at a screen all day.

• I would say we should not because technology makes things easier to grade for teachers and makes assignments easier to keep track of. I do prefer technology assignments because then I would not have to worry about losing them.

• I prefer online assisgnments because they're impossible to lose and take up no space in a folder. Schools should definetly use technology because every single job uses it, its cheaper, and it saves trees from being cut down. Also, online assignments are easier to grade, which means we get our grades quicker. If you want to lessen the amount of screen time you have, just stay off of tech at home.

• I think at school we could do more activities with paper. I think that it would be good to stay away from technology at times. Too much technology is not good. It would be helpful to do paper and pencil learning. Lots of kids do like to use technology though.

• I don't think that students should be able to have screen time during school because they could miss something that they need to use for their computer or something else and they can't use it because they have screen time and they can use it and I think that the school shouldn't have to avoid technology.

• I think students should use less of technology at school and start using more paper and stuff that does not need charged. I like typing better than writing because my hand starts to cramp after writing for so long. And with typing it is quick and easy. But i would like to start doing more tihngs on paper. I think schools should try to limit techcology at school, it would make students be more invloved in thier work.

• I feel like technology at school is very important. It is beneficial to have assignments online, especially if you are sick or on vacation. It is easier to make things up. I also think that technology in school is important because of all the resources it gives students. It is easy for us to get to what we need since our teachers all have it on their own pages. 

• I think that we should use less technology at school. In my opinion, I think we should bring textbooks back because it's a lot easier to understand than looking at a computer and writing down words you don't even understand. The technology could still be used for some assignments, but it would be a lot easier if we cut back and used more books and paper notes/assignments.

• I think we should use more technology. Becuase, we are going to use lot of it when were older and its only going to become more and more used everywhere around the world. Using technology also makes most work easier and if you need to know something you can just search it up. 

• I would prefer technology assignments because I think that it is way better to learn on the computer. It wouldn't hurt using paper once in a while doesn't hurt when people use paper pencil because there are some people that also learn way better using paper and using computers.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker