Should We Have To Do Forum Post?

I think that forum posts should not be mandatory for history because there are a lot of people who forget and it could be bad for their grades because they are out of 40 points and they are really easy to forget even with reminders. I can also see why we need them though because it is the only homework we get from the class and they are easy to do but they are still easy to forget especially with all the homework from other classes like English and math. It would also maybe be more beneficial to do less like 3 or 4 because some of the topics aren't that interesting sometimes and could be easier to write less than 5. It would also be a better idea to do weekly grading instead of getting 1 grade for 4 weeks then you get 4 different grades for 4 different weeks so if you don't do 1 week then it won't affect your grade as much if you get the rest of the weeks.

Do you think we should have a forum post? Why?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that forum posts are not that hard to do every week and they are very easy points to get. I feel that if you had failed or struggled on a test or quiz, then forum posts can help you improve your grade. Also, I think that 5 forum posts isn't that much, and all you really have to do is one every day of the week.

• In my opinion, if we were to get rid of forum posts, it would be replaced by something else, which might be more time consuming. Because we need ways to get points to solidify our grades and they give some leeway for how good we do on tests, we need something to give us points. I feel that if forum posts are replaced, it would most likely be harder because just doing five comments for a week is pretty easy.

• I agree that if we got rid of them they would be replaced with something else that takes up more time and effort. 

• I personallt think that forum posts are an easy way to get credit and this can help people that struggle with test or other assignments. The only thing I would change is the fact that we have to do five forum posts. I would reduce the number to three so it would be easier for students.

• I think that they are an easy way to get credit, and then on top of that, if people are responding to your posts enough, you can get extra credit. I think that they are an easy way to express your opinions, and they are kind of like a cushion for big tests and semester grades. 

• I like forum posts. I think its an easy assignment. Also, its good to share our opinions. Getting to know more about the world is good to. I feel that if we didn't do these we would have something harder to do as an assighnment to get points. 

• I think it's dumb because people should be able to just do a peice of paper and turn it in. Not everybody has time to do form posts after work or after practice. also a lot of people forget about them. Its also hard to think about your opinion and not trying to offened anyone or hurt anyones feelings. A lot of people just try to copy others comments too. 

• I see where you are coming from that some people don't have time to do them after work or practice.

• I believe that form post are kind of interestering but it is hard to come up with a new topic when everyone is in charge of dueing one every quarter. I also believe that no one reads the actual post they just go right to the questions and right a little summary. 

• I do not think that people should have to do forum post because a lot of the time they just end up damaging your grade when you forget a couple weeks. I also belive that people dont actually read the post and just look at the questions or the other comments.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker