Should we have study halls? 

Should we have study halls? 

This is something I have been thinking about for a while and I believe that study halls are useless (for me personally anyway). I would rather do my homework at home as it is quieter, I’m in my room and it’s more comfortable.  

The only thing that study halls are useful for is if you need help.  But when you are at home, you can also get help by looking up a video or calling a friend. 

Some research says that study halls are good for people who have bad grades and/or a bad home environment.  And also that study halls can benefit. But I think, then, instead of going to study hall, go to the classroom that you need help in. So, if someone is struggling, say in Math, then they should go there for extra help, during what I need (win). Which is basically like a study hall. 

But there are very many negatives to having a study hall like people who don’t use their time wisely and they could just have another class period. 

Many other people say that you should have study halls so then you don’t have to stay after school because staying after school is not very beneficial. Also, if you have to take your homework home, you don’t have as much time to spend with your family. But, I still feel like there is no point in having a study hall when you don’t get a grade for it. So here are the facts given on why I feel like we should not have study halls.

Do you have a study hall?

Do you think study halls are beneficial?

Is study hall a good time for a restroom break?

If you didn’t have a study hall, when would you use the restroom?

https://www.thewildcatroar.com/opinion/2019/10/20/study-hall-hard-work-or-hindrance/ 

https://lobbyobserver.org/19385/uncategorized/whs-needs-a-study-hall-option/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• This is what I mean I'm glad you understand study halls are not very good because everyone is just on their phone and I understand that people may have a lot of homework but honestly I don't think they actually do their homework and study hall I think they are just on their phones or watching movies. Which is honestly fine but there is no point for them.

• I think that there should be study halls in schools. I think this because it allows students to take a break from school and get work done. I think study halls are beneficial because students can get their homework done and not have to do it at home. 

• Study hall is beneficial for most people because it gives use more time to do our homework. For example, some teenagers have jobs that make them work from 4-9pm and they don't have time to do homework. I like that i have study hall it gives me more time for other things as well.

• I have been thinking about this too if you had a job when would you do your homework this is also why I'm glad that we have the opportunity to have study holes but personally I do not like them.

• While I don't have a study hall, I do think that study halls are benificial to students because it gives them time to finnish their homework in school instead of taking up their freetime at home. Because I don't have a study hall, I have to use the restroom during lunch or inbetween classes which is super inconvenient.

• Yes, I have a study hall and I love my study hall it is just time for me to get my work done. Yes, I do think study halls are beneficial. Yes, I think study hall is a good time for a restroom break. Well, I would use the restroom whenever I needed to use the bathroom. 

• I am so glad you like having your study hall for me I feel like I could be doing this stuff at home and I would get it done more efficiently and it would be correct indeed of hurrying up and doing it fast but if you are using your time wisely then that is great.

• I do have a studdy hall, third period. Study halls are very benefical for students and teachers. Studnets get more time to study / do homework. Which helps teacher not have to grade so much. I think study hall is a good time for a restroom break in between classes. If i didn't have a study i would just use the restroom whenever i have time in class to go.

• I do have a study hall. I think study halls are great for a break or for getting homework done. I guess you could use the restroom during study hall but I would just go in between passing periods. But I think study halls are great especially for getting homework done. 

• In my opinion, study halls can be beneficial for some individuals, however, I don't think it's necessary to have a study hall. During my study hall period, I sit on my phone instead of working on something. Teachers allow students to use the bathroom during passing periods and class. Study hall can be a good time for a restroom break, but so is our passing period. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker