Should we have study halls? 

Should we have study halls? 

This is something I have been thinking about for a while and I believe that study halls are useless (for me personally anyway). I would rather do my homework at home as it is quieter, I’m in my room and it’s more comfortable.  

The only thing that study halls are useful for is if you need help.  But when you are at home, you can also get help by looking up a video or calling a friend. 

Some research says that study halls are good for people who have bad grades and/or a bad home environment.  And also that study halls can benefit. But I think, then, instead of going to study hall, go to the classroom that you need help in. So, if someone is struggling, say in Math, then they should go there for extra help, during what I need (win). Which is basically like a study hall. 

But there are very many negatives to having a study hall like people who don’t use their time wisely and they could just have another class period. 

Many other people say that you should have study halls so then you don’t have to stay after school because staying after school is not very beneficial. Also, if you have to take your homework home, you don’t have as much time to spend with your family. But, I still feel like there is no point in having a study hall when you don’t get a grade for it. So here are the facts given on why I feel like we should not have study halls.

Do you have a study hall?

Do you think study halls are beneficial?

Is study hall a good time for a restroom break?

If you didn’t have a study hall, when would you use the restroom?

https://www.thewildcatroar.com/opinion/2019/10/20/study-hall-hard-work-or-hindrance/ 

https://lobbyobserver.org/19385/uncategorized/whs-needs-a-study-hall-option/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I understand this if you don't have a study hall you may get more stressed out because you don't have a relaxing period but if you feel this way maybe you're not using your wind correctly because I feel like that is a great time to get your homework done and you can go to the teacher that you need help with or what homework you have the most in.

• I like study halls because you can take a break from your other classes and get some homework done if you have any. I also like them because you can study for a test if you have one right after a study hall. I think study halls are helpful. 

• Personally, I find study halls very useful and will always want to have one. Study halls can be a nice break from having academic classes throughout the day. They can also be a good time to do work that would otherwise have to be done at home in one's personal time. 

• I'm glad you find this time use this is not something I love I don't like study hall and I do not need one I have lots of extra time in my day because I have one I don't like the extra time I like to be packed and busy. and there is nothing I can do in this class anyway.

• Yes I think studyhalls benefit if I actually need to get work done and it's hard to get woek done because other people mess around and instead teachers think it's a good idea to be louder then them and yell at them across the room. 

• I do have a study hall and I do think that study halls can be beneficial, especially for people who don't have time to do homework at home like people who work from 3:30 to 9 or people whose parents don't care about their children's schooling and don't let them do homework and instead make them do chores or other household things. another reason study halls are useful is that if a paper is due that day and you don't have it done most teachers will let you turn it in at or before 3:00 and still get full credit so you can use that time to finish that paper and if we just put people in win people would probably be sent to there worst class and if that isn't the class that all your papers are due in then you won't be able to get the paper done on time.

• I feel like study halls are great when you use them if you use them tremendously. Still, like me, I just sit on my phone and get bored I would personally do my homework at home and talk at school I speak at a loss as most people know and I can't tell my mom the same story over and other so I would rather have another class.

• I think we should have study halls. Its a time for me personally to actually focus and get things done. I know that if i go home im not going to actually do anything but in a school setting and actually having time to do stuff helps me a lot. 

• I believe that study halls are very important. Study hall is where I get a lot of my homework done so I don't have so much at home. Also, I do a lot of studying for upcoming test later in the day or week. I can be very productive in study halls, but it is also nice to just get a break from classes.

• I feel like I don't study for a test a lot and this would be a good time to do it because I'm a procrastinator I will not do it till I have to do it I feel like if you need a study hall it is for group work or working with someone that knows how to help you better honestly I see both sides.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker