Should we have study halls? 

Should we have study halls? 

This is something I have been thinking about for a while and I believe that study halls are useless (for me personally anyway). I would rather do my homework at home as it is quieter, I’m in my room and it’s more comfortable.  

The only thing that study halls are useful for is if you need help.  But when you are at home, you can also get help by looking up a video or calling a friend. 

Some research says that study halls are good for people who have bad grades and/or a bad home environment.  And also that study halls can benefit. But I think, then, instead of going to study hall, go to the classroom that you need help in. So, if someone is struggling, say in Math, then they should go there for extra help, during what I need (win). Which is basically like a study hall. 

But there are very many negatives to having a study hall like people who don’t use their time wisely and they could just have another class period. 

Many other people say that you should have study halls so then you don’t have to stay after school because staying after school is not very beneficial. Also, if you have to take your homework home, you don’t have as much time to spend with your family. But, I still feel like there is no point in having a study hall when you don’t get a grade for it. So here are the facts given on why I feel like we should not have study halls.

Do you have a study hall?

Do you think study halls are beneficial?

Is study hall a good time for a restroom break?

If you didn’t have a study hall, when would you use the restroom?

https://www.thewildcatroar.com/opinion/2019/10/20/study-hall-hard-work-or-hindrance/ 

https://lobbyobserver.org/19385/uncategorized/whs-needs-a-study-hall-option/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• No, I dont have a study hall and I dont want to have one. Because I dont get anything done while in study hall. I usually mess around, watch a movie, and sleep. I also dont get why your bringing the restroom into this because you dont just have to go to the bathroom during study hall and since I dont have one I just ask my teacher and go during class. 

• This is so true I feel like study halls are so loud and everyone messes around this is something that is very hard for the people who really need one I feel like this is the only time to go to the bathroom because you shouldn't go during class.

•  I think that having study halls is very important. Students need this time to work on homework but I know some students won’t work on homework. Many other people say that you should have study halls so then you don’t have to stay after school because staying after school is not very beneficial.

• I think having a study hall is a good thing, it allows you to catch up on missing work or just relax during the chaos of school. it can be a refreshing break during the day to cool off and do what you want to do. so I think we should continue to have study halls. 

• I do not have a study hall but I would like or have one. They give students downtime in the day and can help them catch up on their school work. Study halls can be used for many different things like making up tests or finishing homework. It can also be a good time to go to the restroom. 

• I think study halls are great, They are a great time to use the restroom and do homework. I like study halls for also making up tests and things. If I didn't have a study hall I would use the restroom in between classes. 

• I do not have a study hall, but I would like to have one. They benifit me because I could go talk to teachers if I had any makeup work. There are many things you can do during a study hall. Why won't people be allowed to use the bathroom during a study hall. Maybe they want to mess around, but that is just a small percent. 

• Study halls are very beneficial. They give us a good amount of time to work on any work that we have and less time to work on school work at home. If you are struggling with anything and are in your study hall, you are able to go ask a teacher instead of sitting at home and not knowing what to do. Many kids complain about having to do their homework at home and how we shouldn't have any. Study hall is a great time to get that done, so whenever you get home from after-school activities you do not have to worry about any schoolwork. 

• I kind of agree with this that study hall are good but also at the same time I disagree because we have a lot of time in class and most teachers are understanding about how they don't want us to do homework so I feel like they give us a good amount of time in class

• I don't have a study hall, but I did have one last semester. My study hall last semester was not very beneficial, and with not having a study hall this semester I have not really seen a huge differece in the amount of work I have to do out of school. Also, in my study hall last semester, I would normally spend the time on my phone which is not very productive or proactive.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker